Author Topic: Getting ready for Bonneville(rebuild)  (Read 1897599 times)

Online Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
Re: Getting ready for Bonneville(rebuild)
« Reply #1230 on: July 31, 2010, 11:56:07 AM »
John and Troy,
You blew up the dyno?!!!!! Put it in the trailor and point it east around Aug 13! I sure hope some one is checking the supply of Blue hats.

Rex

Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #1231 on: July 31, 2010, 12:39:13 PM »
2000 torque and 2300 hp?  Dang -- that's darn near unbelievable.  How big is the motor?  You're making numbers pretty close to what the Kenny Duttweiler motor for the Speed Demon engine is making -- and that's a top-bucks build.  Many congratulations for being able to build so well that you hurt the dyno.  That in itself is quite an accomplishment.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline jl222

« Reply #1232 on: July 31, 2010, 12:59:44 PM »

Thanks guys...we hope its just a power cord but it could be a computer board problem,we'll find out Monday.
  This thing is scarry!! one time I was on the right side taking temp readings and when it got up in rpm I thought to hell with this I'm out of here. The whole room was vibrating and all the dust and cobwebs were coming out of the rafters and floating around and the sound was so awesome it was hurting my one good ear through the ear muffs.
 Just talked to Bvillercr and he should be posting some videos soon.

JL222 :cheers:

Offline landsendlynda

« Reply #1233 on: July 31, 2010, 01:06:21 PM »
 :cheers:    :cheers:       :cheers:       :cheers:      :cheers:

That is so cool!!!

Lynda
Volunteer roadblock at Land's End! Yes, you need your stinkin badge! I'm your Dream Keeper, I protect your dream on the asphalt so you can chase your dream on the salt!

Offline jl222

« Reply #1234 on: July 31, 2010, 01:13:20 PM »
2000 torque and 2300 hp?  Dang -- that's darn near unbelievable.  How big is the motor?  You're making numbers pretty close to what the Kenny Duttweiler motor for the Speed Demon engine is making -- and that's a top-bucks build.  Many congratulations for being able to build so well that you hurt the dyno.  That in itself is quite an accomplishment.

Yea Slim but thats a smaller motor,I forget what motor class they run, were at 496 cu. in. and 2300 is rear wheel hp.
  Precision Auto tunes a lot of cars and diesel trucks and know how to get the power out.

JL222

Offline coloradodave

« Reply #1235 on: July 31, 2010, 01:29:31 PM »
I can't wait to hear it in person. :-o
No regrets

Offline desotoman

« Reply #1236 on: July 31, 2010, 01:39:30 PM »
John & Troy,

After all this hard work and money, please tell me you will detune the motor about 10% from the dyno. I want to see you get those Blue hats without any engine problems. Then once you are both in the club go for the gusto.  :cheers:

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #1237 on: July 31, 2010, 02:13:55 PM »
John & Troy,

After all this hard work and money, please tell me you will detune the motor about 10% from the dyno. I want to see you get those Blue hats without any engine problems. Then once you are both in the club go for the gusto.  :cheers:

Tom G.

Tom, the RPM was only at 6200 we intend to take it over 7k.  Videos being uploaded now.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 02:22:18 PM by bvillercr »

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #1238 on: July 31, 2010, 02:23:05 PM »

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #1239 on: July 31, 2010, 02:28:34 PM »
Here is another video that is a little longer.  You can see the car bounce a bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bcx2F6v4jog

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #1240 on: July 31, 2010, 02:40:30 PM »
The last two videos are the last until Monday where we will take some more. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bcx2F6v4jog

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFcpyvs5na4

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #1241 on: August 01, 2010, 12:01:08 PM »
John and Troy,
You blew up the dyno?!!!!! Put it in the trailor and point it east around Aug 13! I sure hope some one is checking the supply of Blue hats.

Rex

No, the dyno is fine as far as breakage.  The dyno can handle 3000hp/tq, the problem we believe is that the harmonics of the engine creates so much vibration that it may have disconnected a wire and hopefully didn't hurt the motherboard. :cheers:

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #1242 on: August 03, 2010, 01:46:52 AM »
We didn't get a chance to do anything today.  The shop was closed because one of our tuners had to move out of an apartment and into a house.  Tomorrow we will get some work in. :cheers:

Offline jl222

« Reply #1243 on: August 03, 2010, 01:08:03 PM »
We didn't get a chance to do anything today.  The shop was closed because one of our tuners had to move out of an apartment and into a house.  Tomorrow we will get some work in. :cheers:

But we did learn how to use the go-pro video, and the grandaughters got a tractor ride :-D

JL222

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #1244 on: August 03, 2010, 08:30:48 PM »
We changed 2 of 4 water injection nozzles from the cold air side to the hot side just after the blower.  This will cool the air even more before the inter cooler.  We were getting a little too much water into the manifold, so we changed it around a bit.  We also took the car off of the dyno to inspect the electronic on the dyno.  We lucked out and found that the power cord from the mother board vibrated off.  So we used some silicone around the rubber boot of the cord to help hold it on.  The car is back on the dyno and ready for it's final tune early tomorrow then in the trailer it goes and back to our shop for some little detailing and final load. :cheers: