Author Topic: Getting ready for Bonneville(rebuild)  (Read 1898273 times)

Offline bvillercr

Re: Getting ready for Bonneville(rebuild)
« Reply #1200 on: July 22, 2010, 12:22:30 PM »
Yes the Keystone can is essential to our ability to hold welding rods. :-D

I have more pictures but my photobucket page is too slow to do anything more for now.  I'll update later today. :cheers:

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #1201 on: July 22, 2010, 04:15:49 PM »
Photobucket/my computer seems to be up to speed now.  Brian, since you were asking about Beer Pong and branding here ya go.  One of our crew members last year before Bville got a little intoxicated while playing Beer Pong and descided to get branded.  The brand/burn has faded but the initials BP is there.

In case anyone would like to ask Correy about the incident this is what he looks like. :-D

Justin heating up one of the supports so it can be hammered down by JL222.

We added a pressure sensor and a temperature sensor to our blower tube so we can get readings before the inter-cooler.

Today we will be wiring all the sensors and EGTs, putting the headers back on and possibly doing some tin work on the front end. 

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #1202 on: July 23, 2010, 11:14:52 AM »
We got the headers back on, the EGTs installed, 90% of the wiring for our data loggers finished.  We just need to run power and get the loggers programed.  We may be able to move the car onto the dyno today, and set up the data loggers on the dyno.  Some pictures of the headers installed.

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #1203 on: July 23, 2010, 08:44:32 PM »
Done a little early tonight. :-D  We got a couple more sensors wired, so now just three wires to the main data logger and were done wiring. :cheers:  On Monday we need to finish up a few things and put it on the dyno, maybe get some pulls in we'll see.  Things left to do before we leave: make a couple cosmetic plates on the side of the car above the new zoomies, fix the dzus fastener that popped out of the hood/front end connection, tint the outside of two side windows and the rear window, get new numbers and letters for the car and relocate them to the spill plates, wash the car and load it.  I think that's it. :cheers:  Here is a picture of a brace we made, it was the only other place on the blower tube that was not braced.  Now we can be sure that there is no weak link in the blower pipes.... :-D

Offline jl222

« Reply #1204 on: July 24, 2010, 02:07:06 AM »

And put the new lsr frontrunners on [which didn't show up today] and paint the front frame work and...

JL222

Maybe he just dropped them off at the gate, I better go check :-P

Offline jl222

« Reply #1205 on: July 24, 2010, 02:52:42 AM »

And put the new lsr frontrunners on [which didn't show up today] and paint the front frame work and...

JL222

Maybe he just dropped them off at the gate, I better go check :-P

Tires were out there :-o UPS driver usually calls when he's at the gate and I tell him to drop it off and go on. Maybe his phone
was dead, anyhow he walked the tires down about 200 ft around the bend were nobody could see them.

JL222 :cheers:

Offline maguromic

• http://www.barringtontea.com
« Reply #1206 on: July 24, 2010, 03:03:22 AM »
Just curious have you guys checked to see if the tires are perfectly round or do you shave them?  Tony
“If you haven’t seen the future, you are not going fast enough”

Offline cheeto racer

« Reply #1207 on: July 24, 2010, 11:10:16 AM »
Photobucket/my computer seems to be up to speed now.  Brian, since you were asking about Beer Pong and branding here ya go.  One of our crew members last year before Bville got a little intoxicated while playing Beer Pong and descided to get branded.  The brand/burn has faded but the initials BP is there

WOW what a difference a year makes that "brand" looks a lot less pain full!!!

Looking forward to see you guys on the salt this year. both in the pits and running down the salt. It is a beautiful car..

Offline jl222

« Reply #1208 on: July 24, 2010, 06:55:44 PM »
Just curious have you guys checked to see if the tires are perfectly round or do you shave them?  Tony

We don't shave them and checking the front tires the other day for header clearance they or the rims were quite a bit out of round and did not have dial indicator with me 3/16'' maybe from low to high.
  Our last pass at speedweek last year was 286 in the 1st measured mile with the blower tube coming off with 2 sec left before end of that mile [video], rpm on Fast EFI recall was 312 mph with 1'' tire growth figured. I felt no tire problem with car.

JL222

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #1209 on: July 25, 2010, 10:50:11 AM »
Cecelia, looking forward to seeing you both as well.  :cheers:

Offline jl222

« Reply #1210 on: July 27, 2010, 12:59:29 AM »

We don't shave them and checking the front tires the other day for header clearance they or the rims were quite a bit out of round and did not have dial indicator with me 3/16'' maybe from low to high.
  Our last pass at speedweek last year was 286 in the 1st measured mile with the blower tube coming off with 2 sec left before end of that mile [video], rpm on Fast EFI recall was 312 mph with 1'' tire growth figured. I felt no tire problem with car.

JL222
  The tires are not that bad, when I first checked them by spinning them next to the header the car had been sitting on floor in one spot
for a while, when I checked today, after being jacked up for several days, the most I could measure was .20 thousand.
 I'll check again on the new tires.

JL222

Offline maguromic

• http://www.barringtontea.com
« Reply #1211 on: July 27, 2010, 01:55:39 AM »
I was talking to Nate Jones today and he said he has yet to see a perfectly round LSR tire.  Tony
“If you haven’t seen the future, you are not going fast enough”

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #1212 on: July 27, 2010, 11:21:50 AM »
We finished getting our data loggers all hooked up and running.  We tested all of the EGTs and temperature sensors, and need to test the pressure sensons.  We named all of the units on the system to identify on the computer.  A little more tweaking on the system today and we will be ready to put it on the dyno. 

Today we should get the car set up on the dyno, warm it up and adjust the valve.  Tomorrow looks like the day we put down some pulls. :cheers:

Offline Freud

« Reply #1213 on: July 27, 2010, 12:01:30 PM »
I like your steering wheel inset. Hume is working on a similar set for Treits streamliner.

That's about as convenient as possible.

Here's to "good pulls."

FREUD
Since '63

Offline jl222

« Reply #1214 on: July 27, 2010, 01:28:33 PM »
I like your steering wheel inset. Hume is working on a similar set for Treits streamliner.

That's about as convenient as possible.

Here's to "good pulls."

FREUD

FREUD...The black button on left is starter, right is electric fuel pump for priming system, toggle switches nearest to grip are
gear shifts ''3''   toggle in middle is air ''on--off''   light is for data recorder and toggle switch to right is for FAST EFI record.
 All Troy and I have to do is remember to turn them on :-)

See you at speedweek    JL222