Author Topic: Getting ready for Bonneville(rebuild)  (Read 1897704 times)

Offline bvillercr

Re: Getting ready for Bonneville(rebuild)
« Reply #810 on: October 17, 2009, 03:56:56 PM »
Oh yeah, I was in a hurry to get to soccer game.

Offline wilcox garage

« Reply #811 on: October 17, 2009, 04:34:59 PM »
I have been checking around for good prices on v-band clamps and found a guy advertising on Yellobullet. The website is www.theboostdepot.com , his Yellobullet add states he will give a discount for quantity orders but even his normal prices are $30.00 cheaper than Burns Stainless. My brother is getting ready to order some for a customers car that is getting a F2 and a air to air intercooler.
Mark Wilcox,
142 D/BSTR  record qualifier 2011 219.935
182 D/BGMMP record holder 2019 215.798

Online jl222

« Reply #812 on: October 17, 2009, 04:59:14 PM »
I have been checking around for good prices on v-band clamps and found a guy advertising on Yellobullet. The website is www.theboostdepot.com , his Yellobullet add states he will give a discount for quantity orders but even his normal prices are $30.00 cheaper than Burns Stainless. My brother is getting ready to order some for a customers car that is getting a F2 and a air to air intercooler.

Thanks that seems like a lot better price than we've seen and we could use at least 3. We have to take the blower tubes off in order to remove the right side valve cover and those v clamps would make it a lot faster plus hold better.

JL222

Offline robfrey

• carbinitelsr
« Reply #813 on: October 23, 2009, 10:37:31 PM »
Hey Troy,
At what stage is the car in now.
Do you run it at El Mirage?

Rob
496 BGS
carbinitelsr.com
carbiniteracing.com
carbinite.com

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #814 on: October 24, 2009, 10:15:54 PM »
Rob, yes we do run at El Mirage.  Been running El Mirage and Bonneville since 1989, mostly through the late 90's with a little break from 2003-06.  Here are a few videos of the car.

This is our best dyno run on mechanical fuel injection.  2000 HP and 1900 ft lbs.  This was 28 1/2 lbs boost at 6000 rpms.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCxH3Ltv9o0

This one is after we installed our FAST unit.  We got 32 lbs boost at 6800 rpms and figured it to be 2300 hp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJApvHuDpL0

This is El Mirage in November 08.  I got loose on a not so good track, shute did not deploy but I did not spin out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHUEA-pScY8

Same run just an in car video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Udo7XM472Qk

This was our last time out at El Mirage and the track was good to about half track and after that was loose.  As I shift into high gear I made the mistake of not lifting the throttle with an air shift transmision and get loose but save it.  I was trying to go over 200 so I could get into the 200 mph line.  We have held a AA record in BGALT at 229 since 1990.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55XA0vrNNj0
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 05:16:43 PM by bvillercr »

Offline Freud

« Reply #815 on: October 24, 2009, 11:03:33 PM »
You better make the November meet or I'll be massively disappointed.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #816 on: October 25, 2009, 11:52:26 AM »
We will be there!!  But the car will not.  :cry:  We have duty so its required.  We just took apart the top end and the number three chamber needs a little work and all the valves need to be replaced and upgraded.  The pistons look ok, but we need to take those out today and inspect them a little closer and we want to look at the cylinder walls and rod bearings.  The oil looks good with no shinny things floating in it.   :cheers:  Not sure if we would run El Mirage in November if we were ready, the track just isn't that good.  Maybe we will here different after todays meet but I doubt it.  We always try to run May and November so if your there next May we should be there.   :-D :-D

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #817 on: November 19, 2009, 01:52:28 AM »
Freud, where were you?  I kept an eye out for you but didn't see ya.  We were mostly at the BMR pits and th start line.  We did go down course and took some video, sorry we missed you.   :evil:

Offline Freud

« Reply #818 on: November 19, 2009, 11:01:48 AM »
Now that I am home and have time to think about it, Stan Beck guided me away from everyone I wanted to see.

He had me walking all over to try to get him a ride on the mobile davenport.

At least, I didn't get involved with the back door.

FREUD
Since '63

Online Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
« Reply #819 on: November 19, 2009, 11:06:20 AM »
Now that I am home and have time to think about it, Stan Beck guided me away from everyone I wanted to see.

He had me walking all over to try to get him a ride on the mobile davenport.

At least, I didn't get involved with the back door.

FREUD

Yep, everytime I saw you you were hanging out with low life's.......  :-D
Stan is sneeky that way.
Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #820 on: November 19, 2009, 07:02:10 PM »
I saw Stan once, looked like he was in a hurry to get somewhere. :cheers:

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #821 on: November 21, 2009, 01:37:05 PM »
We are looking into using a Racepack system to monitor EGT and a few other parameters.  Are there any other systems out there that would work in similar capabilities?

Online Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
« Reply #822 on: November 21, 2009, 01:57:02 PM »
We are looking into using a Racepack system to monitor EGT and a few other parameters.  Are there any other systems out there that would work in similar capabilities?

Yes.........

Okay, the Racepack is one of the best systems out there but being that you are already using a FAST EFI system they also now make a 8 channel EGT adpt. for their system. No point in having more software and data capacity than you need at least from a $$ stand point. A different unit can cost a grand or more, the FAST will only add hundreds to your system imo. 
Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #823 on: November 21, 2009, 03:13:25 PM »
The only problem with adding more to the fast unit is, the more we add the less time we have to record.  That's why we were looking into a different unit. :cheers:

Offline stratman59

« Reply #824 on: November 21, 2009, 03:57:01 PM »
Troy,

http://www.motorsportsinnovations.com/

Check out the innovate DL-32. It records up to 32 channels and about 4 hours of data with a 2gb
sd card.This is what we run but are using two O2 sensors.
I think you can piggly back in with the FAST stuff also.
Call them and talk to Greg

Hope this helps
Robbie