These are the products we used. On the left is a roof coating that we used as a waterproofer under the two water tanks. It is also paintable. When we put ice in our intercooler box it get so cold the condensation settles at the bottom of the floor boards. We also used the roof coating in the wheel wells over the oil based paint to help keep moisture or salt from getting to the metal. The roof coating will get another coat of oil base on top of it to give it a better shine for cleaning.
This shows the bottom of where the two tanks sit. We put silicone in all the places that water might settle. Just need to put one more coat of oil on it and were done.
Here we cut some steel out to cover the oil galley so we can keep more oil in the lower end of the block. Used Devcon to adhere to the block.
Putting the crank in and checking clearances. The red strip is a piece of wax to check how much clearance is between the crank and the bearings.
Hammering down the caps. Had to double check one bearing clearance because we thought we might of hit the cap too hard and squished the wax before we torqued it.
Our gage for measuring clearances.
checking end play of the crank.
Crank is set and in for good.