Author Topic: YEAH for our Volunteers  (Read 1722 times)

Offline Dan Stokes

YEAH for our Volunteers
« on: June 26, 2007, 09:53:24 AM »
Once again, a successful (if hot and steamy) June meet at Maxton. If you missed it, you missed a beautiful woman set a national record - NAKED! Then her boyfriend did it, too! Pretty shocking.

But none of this could have happened without the help of our wonderful volunteers. As always, the core of our volunteers came thru and helped us put on a wonderful event, full of those interesting events that keep us all coming back for more (see the Landspeed forums for details). And a special shout-out to Scott Griswald and Collin (sorry, I don't know your last name), who drive all the way to Maxton from Delaware and work their fannys off for us - we all notice and appreciate your efforts.

Those of you who have yet to volunteer - please consider doing so. It actually makes the meet more interesting when you are more involved. Or, volunteer your spouse, crew member, etc. If you'll contact me thru the website <ecta-lsr.com> we can fit you in. Several of us (me included) both volunteer and race, so don't think you can't be a vol because you're racing. The more folks we have, the easier it is on everyone.

Speaking of that - Thanks to all who kicked in to clean up the rather spectacular oil-down of the track, due to Jeff Creech's lead foot in Dave Maty's Camaro - looks like a likely rod bolt failure to me, but we'll see. At any rate, having lots of shuffling feet really made the clean-up go more quickly.

Again - THANKS to ALL who helped make this meet a success!

Dan Stokes
Volunteer Coordinator
Wilmington, NC - by the sea

ECTA idiot, Bonneville volunteer

Offline nickelcityracing

• nickelcityracing.com
Re: YEAH for our Volunteers
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 06:14:32 PM »
Thanks to all the volunteers, we are always so grateful for what everyone does. Without them nothing happens. Jon was always teching bikes, and inspecting impound bikes, that man never stops. Very well run meet, thanks from Trillium/Jody
www.nickelcityracing.com
Trillium-Maxton 2 club---FASTEST WOMAN ON A MOTORCYCLE
Jody-220mph naked..maxton 200 club-236.6 mph top speed
2003 RCC ULTRA TURBO BUSA
THANKS SPONSORS:RCC turbos-JE Pistons-MTC-Elka-Suzuki Canada-Brock's-Northbay cycle-Dyno Jet