Author Topic: Seldom Seen Slim on 4 Wheels  (Read 3048 times)

Offline Dan Stokes

Seldom Seen Slim on 4 Wheels
« on: June 25, 2007, 09:35:10 AM »
Missed in all the well-deserved motorcycle news was another first - Seldom Sen Slim on 4 wheels!  Jon set a new Maxton record by taking the Music With ME Camaro to a blistering 97+, upping my record in E/CPRO (it's a 250ci inline 6).  Then, the Maty Bros and Terry Truck Attempt and crews attacked the car with duct tape, and Jon ran in E/CGALT to a stunning 103+! On an open record.  And all this because I challenged him to get in the car (I'm 5'6", and Jon is - well, y'all know Jon).  Not only did he get in, we couldn't get him out, so we sent him down the track and into history.  As a footnote - we then installed Ms. Seldom Seen Slim for her first-ever run down the track in a car, and she ran a 102 after a "Granny" start.  I see a race car in their future!  And a special "Thank You" to the beautiful Donna Pala, who not only did driver's changes and class changes on a moment's notice, but also helped me reletter the car.

It was WAY fun, and what I'm building the car for in the first place.  I was towing Jon down to the line for his taped-up run, chuckling all the way.  The guys were worried that I'd be upset that they were modifying the car, but it was just FUN!!!! 

Later, and be safe on the Salt
Dan
Wilmington, NC - by the sea

ECTA idiot, Bonneville volunteer

Offline t russell

Re: Seldom Seen Slim on 4 Wheels
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 04:23:34 PM »
 .  The guys were worried that I'd be upset that they were modifying the car, but it was just FUN!!!! 

No Dan we were not worried.The batteries for the sawz all were dead or it would have went 110 :-D
terry

Offline Snal

• New folks
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 05:00:25 PM »
No Dan we were not worried.The batteries for the sawz all were dead or it would have went 110 :-D
terry

Now THAT"S funny right there!...LOL!

Snal~
www.snartracing.com

LittleLiner

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 09:45:23 PM »
Dan

Sorry I missed all the fun. With this rate of progress you should be in the Maxton 2 club by October 2047.

When I come down in September I'll bring my spare chute to lend you . . . . just in case . . .    Art

Offline sockjohn

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007, 10:04:30 PM »
First the scooter and now this, makes you wonder what is going to be next!? :)

Offline t russell

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2007, 10:27:33 PM »
wheelchair with weed eater motor :lol:

Offline Dan Stokes

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2007, 11:14:09 PM »
I'll take that 'chute!  Next, I'll steal Keith's and Dave Maty's aero tricks and install the engine stuff I got from a junkyard 292 (head, 4 bbl intake, headers, cam).  Who knows where it will all lead?  I've been an easy 132.1 in my Mustang @ about 3/4 throttle (it's an AOD thing), and it's really a bigger challenge getting this thing to 100.  I hope to get all the above and a cage in place for September, but I have an F150 to paint and the Mustang to get ready to sell, so I have my work cut out for me.  It's all fun.

See you in September (hey, that could be a song)
Dan

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2007, 08:26:50 PM »
This is really awesome! Todd & I really wish we could have been there to see it! Some day when we get bored (hahaha) we both want to make a 4 wheel run down the track!

Deb & Todd
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

Offline Dan Stokes

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2007, 12:04:03 AM »
Deb -
We'll talk at the next meet.  I'm pretty sure the Camaro is immune to cones, so something can likely be worked out.  Besides, it sure is fun.  How quick is a turbo 'Busa motor in an old Camaro?

Mend well
Dan