Author Topic: CONGRATS TO JODY: FASTEST NAKED RIDER AT MAXTON  (Read 2243 times)

Offline TURBO KING

CONGRATS TO JODY: FASTEST NAKED RIDER AT MAXTON
« on: June 25, 2007, 02:18:14 AM »
Jody Levielle broke the Maxton naked track record of 219.458 set by Wayne Pollack in June of 2005 by making an astounding 220 mph run!

He is now the fastest naked rider at Maxton!

Not only that, but he must have made 5-6 runs at 218, 217, etc.

I gave him my "Top Secret Bracket" to try and up the speed further.  It is a cut down faring stay.  It gets rid of the gauge cluster and just holds the fuse block and wires.  I used it to set my 204 naked record that Trillium broke this weekend.

He made one run with it at 210 and came back and said (Canadian accent) "Your f@*kin crazy!  I couldnt barely hold on!  I'm switchin' back!"

I think part of the problem was he had no shift light, and now no tach, so it was tough for him to hit his shift points.

He then made a few more runs but the bike was running rough so he wasn't able to up the speed.

I had more fun and got more enjoyment out of trying to help him and rooting for Jody, than I did running my own bike this weekend.  I hit 227, 229, 229, & 230 but couldn't get the bike to hook up.  At one point I did a half mile burnout.  I roasted a brand new tire in 6 runs.

Seeing Trill get in the 200 Club and Jody going 220 were the highlight of my weekend.

Congrats to both of you.

You guys are nice people, good friends and good riders.

Walt
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 09:05:54 AM by TURBO KING »
RCC Super Ultra Kit
Harry's Case/Head Mods
Built, tuned, ridden and owned by me
635 honest rwhp, capable of more
244 mph at Maxton
Top Speed Overall Maxton 2007
Winner 2007 Super Streetbike Magazine Top Speed Shootout
Thanks Richard P, DaveO, Rick S

Offline Huns147

• New folks
Re: CONGRATS TO JODY: FASTEST NAKED RIDER AT MAXTON
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 09:38:29 AM »
Great story Walt. It's selfless folks like you that make the sport great.
And for sure congrats to Jodie & Trillium!

Richard

Offline Dan Stokes

Re: CONGRATS TO JODY: FASTEST NAKED RIDER AT MAXTON
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 09:56:54 AM »
Ya.  It was that kind of weekend - wonderfully, sort of business as usual at Maxton.  Man, I LOVE that place!

Dan
Wilmington, NC - by the sea

ECTA idiot, Bonneville volunteer