Author Topic: Sad note  (Read 2638 times)

Offline Bob Drury

Sad note
« on: June 23, 2007, 01:39:36 PM »
Just a brief note:  Those of you who know Marlo Treit have probably met or talked to on the phone Cress Baxter, aka Bax, aka The Cap'n.  Cress was a fifty year friend of Marlo's who was instrumental in his purchase and procurement of three Mig 21 planes and bringing them to the U.S.  Cress was also at many LSR events over the years and had sailed around the World three times while living on his sailboat the last thirty years.  He was 80 years old and still sharp as a tack. Cress passed away on June 15th, and is now solving problems for a different boss.  R.I.P., Bax.......................
Bob Drury

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
Re: Sad note
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2007, 01:50:02 PM »
Bob,

I never met him however it seems he lived a full life that many will never know, I am sure he will be missed.

RIP.

J

Offline Freud

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 04:17:12 PM »
He was one amazing dude. difficult challenges, he enjoyed. Seemingly impossible ones.......he'd lay his cigarette down to get started on it.
FREUD
Since '63

Offline Richard Thomason

• http://www.dannyboystreamliner.com
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 04:31:34 PM »
I'm really sorry to hear that. He was a great guy. Just this past winter, he took great joy in showing me his hand-made in India lock that required three keys to open. He will be missed.