Author Topic: year to date  (Read 5978 times)

Offline Jonny Hotnuts

year to date
« on: June 14, 2007, 10:04:35 PM »
Here are a few pics from start until now.
It may look as if there is still alot to do.....and there is....but it is all fluff.....everything mechanical works and the body work for me goes fast.
The appearance has changed more in the last few weeks then in the last year. The firewall is almost finished and besides some bodywork and the belly pan (1/4" UHMW) the car is almost ready for paint.
If the weekend is nice I will find a stretch of straight road and do a few passes to see if it tracks ok and does not develop any bad habits.

BTW:
If someone can tell me why my pics are so small I will fix them.

http://www.fiatforum.com/gallery/data/500/multi.jpg

http://www.fiatforum.com/gallery/data/500/lowered_with_nose.jpg
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 01:11:38 PM by Jonny Hotnuts »
jonny_hotnuts@hotmail.com

"Sometimes it is impossible to deal with her, but most of the time she is very sweet, and if you caress her properly she will sing beautifully."
*Andres Segovia
(when Im not working on the car, I am ususally playing classical guitar)

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
Re: year to date
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 12:14:59 AM »
Hey you are getting there  :-).  That car must be little as the spill plates look huge and I'm sure they are legal size.  Keep them that way.  I like them as large as the rules permit.

The air scoop??  I can't remember is the busa blown or NA??  Is the scoop legal there??  Was the original car rear engine??  I guess you have checked that all out??

Do you have any speed expectations??

Let us know how the test drive works out and I have no doubts that you will be done in time,

Sum

Offline Jonny Hotnuts

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 08:50:13 PM »
The spill plates do look big....the fiat is very small. I could of had a few more inches of area but I rounded the corners slightly. The plates are 1/4" thick and figured that if the backs were at 90 deg that it may cause some turbulence.

The car was originally a mid engine.....

It is legal to have hood scoops in the mod sports class and because the car is a rear engine it can extend 11 inches over the top of the roof!!!. I will admit that it is a bit confusing what the difference between a hood scoop and air intake is according to the definitions.

This year with the NA motor my pop is going to run the open record of FMS H, I will be running in GMS H and trying to best 151.

This is really a test year for the car to see if it how it does at speed. Next year with the blower motor (in the 5-6 hundred HP range) I am looking to best BGMS H record of 205. My pop will run the BFMS H and that is open as well.

"Sometimes it is impossible to deal with her, but most of the time she is very sweet, and if you caress her properly she will sing beautifully."
*Andres Segovia

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 09:18:57 PM »
The spill plates do look big....the fiat is very small. I could of had a few more inches of area but I rounded the corners slightly. The plates are 1/4" thick and figured that if the backs were at 90 deg that it may cause some turbulence.

The car was originally a mid engine.....

It is legal to have hood scoops in the mod sports class and because the car is a rear engine it can extend 11 inches over the top of the roof!!!. I will admit that it is a bit confusing what the difference between a hood scoop and air intake is according to the definitions.

This year with the NA motor my pop is going to run the open record of FMS H, I will be running in GMS H and trying to best 151.

This is really a test year for the car to see if it how it does at speed. Next year with the blower motor (in the 5-6 hundred HP range) I am looking to best BGMS H record of 205. My pop will run the BFMS H and that is open as well.

I thought there was something in there about mid/rear engines, but with a quick look I couldn't find it and was too lazy to look further.

At El Mirage the Noonan/Moreland or Moreland/Noonan "H" rear engine modified roadster ran a 167 (If I remember right) with a NA Busa  :-) .  The car has more in it........they were chasing points  8-) .  The engine is a strong NA Busa.

I think your goals are realistic, good luck,

Sum

Offline Greyboy

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2007, 04:34:12 AM »
Maybe your pics are small because they are small (not trying to be smart here) .. if you have Photoshop you can size them using the "Image size" menu. About 300 or so pixels in width at 72 dots per inch should be good. Or maybe your hosting service is squeezing them down somehow (could there be a "thumbnail" checkbox checked, or something like that?)

Good luck with your project...

Grey

Offline Jonny Hotnuts

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2007, 01:15:19 PM »
Greyboy, the forum resizes my pics so they show smaller then what they are....If I increase the size the pic looks even smaller.

I included a link under the pics that will show them in the correct size.

*Andres Segovia

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2007, 09:10:59 PM »
J.H.:

The forum software apparently cuts your picture down to 400 pixels tall.  The first one at the link is 1584 pixels tall.  I think that if they were individual pictures and not multis, they would display satisfactorly on the forum.

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline Jonny Hotnuts

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2007, 12:21:47 PM »
Thanks 4-B Mike....that is what I needed to know.

Proving once again that Oregonians, (especially from Portland) are the smartest people alive.

*Andres Segovia