Author Topic: Salt Update  (Read 2948 times)

Offline Rocky R

• Author/Land Speed Racing Site
Salt Update
« on: June 14, 2007, 09:44:21 PM »
I know private testing is already ongoing for the Bub team. I heard a little about the salt, but would love to hear more. Anyone with recent info please spill... :evil:

Offline Xea

Re: Salt Update
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 01:03:27 PM »
Denis has passed on the salt is similar to the great conditions we had last year. We should be in contact again here in the next couple days, and I'll get more info.
Faster, till the thrill of Speed overcomes the fear of death.

aching_ass

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 01:39:40 PM »
This is good news, thanks for passing it on. I'm guessing with two tracks the streamliners will be able to choose which they want to run on. Nice touch if this is so?

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 02:22:21 PM »
This is good news, thanks for passing it on. I'm guessing with two tracks the streamliners will be able to choose which they want to run on. Nice touch if this is so?

This is in the BUB section, so are you asking about BUB or Speed Week.  At BUB there is suppose to be one shorter track for "run what you brung" and the long international track for the streamliners and others running AMA/FIM.

At the SDRC meeting I was fortunate enough to attend before El Mirage the report they read from SCTA said there would "probably" be one staging lane for the two long/short courses at Speed Week and "they" would then peel you off to one course or the other depending on how the staging and runs were going.  This was my interpretation and might not be right.  Also they (SCTA) said that a lot of this is still in the planning stage on how it will run and be implemented.

c ya,

Sum
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 06:22:38 PM by Sumner »

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 03:27:43 PM »
Time, tide, and the environment wait for no man.
No matter what, one. two. three, or whatever track designs will be still subject to Mother Nature and the mining operation, therefore out of organizers hands.
Whatever you find is what you have, the difference will be desire and hard work.
One day a person can look at it and their experience, bolstered by their desire will see one thing, and another day , another person will see it differently.
Sum heard of some of that the other night and sadly it is not common knowledge, but Landracing.com does help. :wink:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"