Author Topic: Being Added to Links Page?  (Read 7491 times)

Offline Rocky R

• Author/Land Speed Racing Site
Being Added to Links Page?
« on: June 07, 2007, 09:53:44 PM »
I am totally lost on how to add a link or even how to contact the administrator to have my website added to the links page. Jon, if you're listening, I already linked your site to mine, but would like to know if it's possible to add my site to your links page. It's Bonneville related and also gives a lot of info about my upcoming book. Let me know if you'll have me. The site is: www.rocky-robinson.com Sorry for posting here, but seemed to have lost your email.
Thanks

Offline Freud

Re: Being Added to Links Page?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 10:56:28 PM »
Rock, use:
webmaster@landracing.com

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 08:14:42 AM »
Rocky, looks like an interesting read...  :-D I'll bet an advance signed copy donated to the Salt Talks raffle would increase ticket sales...  :wink:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2007, 09:06:28 AM »
Tell him a donation to the fund raiser would increase "BOOK SALES" !
Ya never sold nuthin , did ya. :roll:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline poppy

• New folks
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2007, 09:30:01 AM »
Rocky,

I noticed that the title of your book is 'Flat Out'. Are you aware that Albert Drake published a book in 1994 with the same title? The Drake book is a history of dry lakes racing.

Poppy

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2007, 10:22:28 AM »
Rocky --

They're right -- we'd be proud to offer a copy of your book as a gift that we give away during the Salt Talks raffle this year.  A signed copy would be better still -- and we invite you to attend Salt Talks (it's Sunday, 12 August, starting about the time racing ends for the day) to sign the book that we give away.  That way you can include the name of the person getting the book -- and personalised book is even more betterer and more of a keepsake.  Last year Andy Green signed a couple of the Salt Talks t-shirts -- and we sold them to the highest bidder, getting something like $350 for four shirts.  I betcha we could do even better with your book!

I know that SCTA/BNI rules preclude selling stuff other than t-shirts in the pits, unless you're a registered vendor -- but I don't see why you'd be spanked if you were to attempt to sell books at Salt Talks (this is assuming the book is available for sale by then).

Finally -- even if you won't sell books, even if you don't donate one to us (by the way, after expenses of the picnic are paid -- the money goes to Jon Amo for landracing.com) -- even if you don't have time for all the above stuff -- we'd be happy to have you and the rest of your crew stop in for a bite to eat and some bench racing at the Bend in the Road that night.

See you on the Salt!
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Rocky R

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2007, 09:44:08 PM »
Thanks for all the info. I'll send Jon an email after this post. As for the title, I was intending on calling it FOR THE RECORD, however my publisher chose this title instead. The entire title is actually: FOR THE RECORD The Race for the World Motorcycle Land Speed Record.

Seldom Seen Slim, if I can get the crew to come down with me on Sunday, I'd love to participate. I'll be happy to donate a signed book whether we can attend or not. (I don't know if Mike has other plans as of yet) I think we are staying in Wells that night...

Thanks for the info!

Rocky

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2007, 10:05:53 PM »
Merchandising on the Salt is under the jurisdiction of the BLM with a condition of the permit issued to the user and State taxes are another.
Those are the real obstacles that have to be addressed.
SCTA has an obligation to keep it between those lines.
Now ya see SSS are a salesmen. :wink:

FAMOUS QUOTE : " I am already famous, now I want to be rich." (Don Vesco)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 09:37:02 PM by JackD »
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."

landracing

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2007, 10:36:32 PM »
The book report, review and my "review of the book" is up on the main page of the website.

IT WAS A SUPERB READ, Great job Rocky.

And the links section on the forums, should be disabled, the main links will be from the main website on the far right tab for "links"...

It is there now Rocky..

Jon

Offline ack

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2007, 11:44:24 AM »
Merchandising on the Salt is under the jurisdiction of the BLM with a condition of the permit issued to the user and State taxes are another.
Those is the real obstacles that have to be addressed.
SCTA has an obligation to keep it between those lines.
Now ya see SSS are a salesmen. :wink:

FAMOUS QUOTE : " I am already famous, now I want to be rich." (Don Vesco)

If your aim is to rich and famous and you pick LSR, I think you've picked the wrong horse.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2007, 12:11:33 PM »
If your aim is to rich and famous and you pick LSR, I think you've picked the wrong horse.

I don't know about that Ack... I heard you could make a small fortune Landspeed Racing...  :wink:

(ya just gotta start with a large fortune)  :|

Famous... I think most of us have become legends in our own minds...  :roll:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2007, 01:20:20 PM »
"It is always best to ride the horse in the direction he is going." :wink:

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2007, 02:53:04 PM »
So I clicked on the link to send an email to Rocky -- "author@rocky-robinson.com" -- and the email came bouncing back to me.  Hey, Rocky -- how do we contact you to ask about ordering copies now so we get delivery as soon as the book is out?

Also -- you might wanna fix that link so we can get directly to you.

Thanks...
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Rocky R

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2007, 08:49:56 PM »
:? Slim, thanks for the information. This is the first I heard about the problem. I'd received emails through the site up until about noon today. I called my web guy and he said it is a server/host issue. He said it will be taken care of by tomorrow sometime. Sorry for the inconvenience. In the meantime, if anyone wants information or has questions or comments about the book or the website, my personal email is rockjok6@sbcglobal.net. Thanks for the heads up.

Rocky