Author Topic: News from this weekend  (Read 8987 times)

Offline Walter

• Nash & Kirchner, P.C.
News from this weekend
« on: June 07, 2007, 09:45:11 AM »
Is anyone going to be posting news and the results of runs this weekend on the site for those of us trapped at home by work?  Keep us in the loop!  Thanks.

Walter
Tucson, Baja AZ

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
Re: News from this weekend
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 07:19:03 PM »
I sure hope so! I'm always anxious to see how everyone is doing during/after each race!

Deb
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 09:05:31 PM »
There might be a few notes, but normally it takes a day or two to post the results.
Glen :-D
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2007, 09:12:59 AM »
Glen,

Are you going to make it out? ?

John

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2007, 10:22:08 AM »
Yep, see ya there
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

John@JE Pistons

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2007, 12:51:12 PM »
Glen,

See you there!! :-D

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2007, 04:51:14 PM »
John
Are you running the bike this week end?
Glen
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Walter

• Nash & Kirchner, P.C.
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2007, 07:51:28 PM »
Is there going to be anyone out there this weekend with a laptop and net access to perhaps put some news up on to the forum for those of us shut in at home or work?   Think of your fellow racers/fans who are less fortunate!

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2007, 10:11:28 PM »
Sumner will be there for the first time and his impressions should make good reading.
The picture that Mark took of me behind the wheel at the starting line indicates I am far too relaxed to make a thorough report.:wink:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline Freud

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2007, 10:19:30 PM »
I imagine there should be a fund established if the shut ins want results transmitted from the lakes. Most people don't have a satellite link even if they carry a lap top. I doubt that it ranks very high on the SCTA budget list. Now we begin to understand what Jon has done for us when he equips himself to transmit from a race site......like Australia.
Walter, do you want to organize that fund?
FREUD
Since '63

LVMAXX

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2007, 09:19:07 AM »
 :-D
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 02:33:58 PM by LVMAXX »

Offline salt27

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2007, 10:46:52 AM »
We can't get the SCTA Home Page to come up on our computer. Anyone else have this trouble? It's saved in our bookmarks, plus we tried to search it thru Google, but no luck

It will not respond for me either.
                             Don

Offline Walter

• Nash & Kirchner, P.C.
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2007, 11:24:08 AM »
I imagine there should be a fund established if the shut ins want results transmitted from the lakes. Most people don't have a satellite link even if they carry a lap top. I doubt that it ranks very high on the SCTA budget list. Now we begin to understand what Jon has done for us when he equips himself to transmit from a race site......like Australia.
Walter, do you want to organize that fund?
FREUD

I don't know that it needs a fund at this point.  What I was referencing was whether anyone who is already there with a laptop and the ability to get on the net could put reports or run results up on this site.  I know that in a number of other motor sports venues (AMA Natl MX and SX races, for example) folks are constantly doing just that.  There is no variable cost since the matter is included in the fixed cost of their already-owned equipment and their ISP charge.  If we already have that at events, we might be able to use it.
   The officials are already stretched thin and do not need more to do on a weekend not related to the core purpose of running the event.  I am certainly not suggesting that we add to their burden.
   Bottom line:  I am trying to find out if the resource is already there or not.  If not, I have no problem trying to help make it a reality.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2007, 12:20:55 PM »
Walter, connections in the middle of either or any desert requires a little more effort and cost.  I think what was being referred to was how much expense (airtime) and free time Jon spends reporting on races when he attends.  I know he puts the "reporting" priority at the top of his list most of the time, sometimes above racing if something exciting is happening.  I'm sure someone could go back to the hotel at night and write up the day's events, unless they are tired, hungry, dirty or didn't track what was going on because they were racing...  :roll:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2007, 01:17:05 PM »
A typical EM is such a "Wham,  Bam, Thank You" type of quick one day event with a trip home at the end, it does not lend it's self to every day reports that you would like to see.
Quick turnaround reporting would be a real chore with not much other time for anything else all day.
A couple of observant writers are going for the first time and their impressions will be as entertaining and informative as any detailed results.  :wink:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"