Author Topic: Most Runs Possible?  (Read 3478 times)

Offline kspz3

• http://www.vrodracing.com
Most Runs Possible?
« on: June 05, 2007, 06:16:36 PM »
Does running on both the AMA and the FIM records increase the number of runs you can get at the Bub Motorcycle event? Any thoughts regarding the merits of entering both?
Thanks,
KSP

Offline Larry Forstall

Re: Most Runs Possible?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 07:08:12 PM »
Same motorcycle? Won't make a difference. FIM entry must be completed in ten days. Requires license, physical, involved forms, $$$. AMA just requires membership, simple form. Set a FIM record and get a bill of $200./record before Christmas   :-o   But the certificates look neat.  :roll:

bak189

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 07:41:01 PM »
Larry, is right FIM....more dollars....but the cert. does look great!!!!!!!!!!!! and you get inspected by
"FIM Charlie" who does a great job....and is a nice person....(for a Alien)  as apposed to me.....( also a Alien).....but not always nice

Offline Flyboy

• Graduate National Test Pilots School,
    • http://WWW.SKYDANCERLE.COM
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2007, 12:19:20 AM »
In answer to your question... yes. FIM usually gets put first in line. But not always. I got in 15 runs over five days but got up at 5 am every day and was first in line each morning. If you can be in bed by 8 every night then the runs are there.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 12:25:29 AM by Flyboy »
One Fast ZX-14
Three World and Four AMA Land Speed Records
One Fast Cessna Turbo 210

bak189

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2007, 11:17:40 AM »
SEE,  as I keep telling you.........MORE RUNS......with 2 courses it should even be better............................. 

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2007, 03:38:33 PM »
SEE,  as I keep telling you.........MORE RUNS......with 2 courses it should even be better............................. 
If the conditions are said to be as good as last year and 2 tracks have been promised from he beginning, what happened last year ?
3 runs a day with a maximum effort is not setting the World on fire. :wink:

"Roses smell good and are pretty on the top, just be careful how you  pick and hold them". (me)
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"