Author Topic: Saw the Dr today...  (Read 18971 times)

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
Re: Saw the Dr today...
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2007, 02:02:13 PM »
WELCOME home, Jack.....(.the U.K. will never be the same)
My sence of humor left many of them speechless, proably on a War footing, and if the exchange rate is any indication they are losing that too.
At $360 American for a cab from Heathrow to London, I am glad I could make his next car payment.
I did manage to fix a lot of the TO"I"LET signs with the missing "I" but there was so little time, I am sure I missed some.  :wink:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline wolcottjl

« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2007, 10:57:57 AM »
My nutty little buddy Ali said he'll take me out for some cornering practice on the street & I guess I should take him up on it! ;)

Deb

Nutty is probably not the adjective I would use for Ali -- I have seen a few you tube videos that I believe he took part in.  LOL

Read the new Harry Potter book on the beach this weekend.  I have to stay out of the sun as much as possible with my new meds.  So while the kids ran up and down the beach I sat in the shade and read.   Left most of the family at the beach this morning.  I had to come back for work and to move my little truck into the driveway.  Seems my homeowners association is taking exception to it parked on the street.  The left a little nasty gram about no wipers, mirrors and expired inspection sticker.  I put the mirror back on - The wipers, and antique tags.  Inspection is going to have to wait until we install the new computer.     
Joel Wolcott
Moving to 2 wheels in 2010

Offline t russell

« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2007, 06:46:07 PM »
If it is 30 or more years old it don't need an inspection.Dan put the safety stuff on it and let it be.
terry

Offline wolcottjl

« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2007, 10:46:32 PM »
I am in Virginia - I need to have the safety inspection.  I can avoid the emissions test with the antique tags - That and it is registered as a diesel.  LOL - That is what the VIN says anyway.
Joel Wolcott

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2007, 01:43:41 PM »
BTW, welcome home Joel. Did you like the HP book? I haven't started mine yet.
Deb
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

Offline wolcottjl

« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2007, 04:56:13 PM »
BTW, welcome home Joel. Did you like the HP book? I haven't started mine yet.
Deb

Read it in about 5 hours.  My curse - Reading too fast.  I have to shop at the used book store most of the time or I would go broke from buying new books.  I have to read it to keep up with the little guys.  It was long and meandering in the middle, kind of like my waistline.  LOL  A lot of history was revealed.  I will leave it at that - Don't want to spoil it for you.  I should have stayed at the beach - I might have to have an intervention with my 19 year old when he gets back. Not listening to Mom - He thinks he is older than he is.  Might have to bring the hammer down - Or tire iron.  LOL 
Joel Wolcott

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2007, 09:21:32 PM »
5 hours!  :-o It will probably take me 5 weeks!  :lol:
History is good, I like filling in the blanks.

Sounds like you need to visit the library not the used book store!  :-D

Good luck with the kid. Mine's just getting into the lovely years at age 13!
Deb

Offline wolcottjl

« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2007, 04:41:54 PM »
19 arguing with the 21 year old - 19 year old about to enlist in the Air Force is feeling his oats.  Thinks his 5' 9" toughness is a match for his 6'2" athlete brother (who is an amateur boxer).  LOL  Mom is just trying to keep the younger one from getting killed.  The 9 and 11 year old boys are laughing at the older brothers which doesn't make it any easier.  Dad had to get on the phone and threaten physical harm and not paying the insurance on their cars.  They settled down fairly quickly. 

How is the bike riding coming along - Did ALI make good on his offer to help?  Are you sure you want to go there?  You might be doing wheelies at 100 before you know it.   :-D
Joel Wolcott

Offline t russell

« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2007, 10:23:55 PM »
Glad mine are grown :-D BUT you always have one that just wont fly right.
terry

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #54 on: September 19, 2007, 01:46:18 PM »
Final follow up with the Ortho today! I'm healed, I'm healed!  :D
I've gotten more feeling back in the area of the incision which I wasn't expecting so that was a bit of a nice surprise. It's still semi-numb and imagine it will stay that way but that doesn't bother me. The area at the end of the plate near my neck is the most sensitive. There's pretty much just skin covering it so you can feel it but as long as I don't bop anything into it, it's no big deal.

Here's the latest x-rays, the area that looked like a knot is flattened & healed nicely.

My new motto, per my ortho "break records not bones" :lol:

Back on the track this weekend, look out cones!

Deb

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #55 on: September 19, 2007, 02:08:50 PM »
Deb
GO FAST-BE SAFE :-D
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline t russell

« Reply #56 on: September 19, 2007, 09:07:56 PM »
THATS GREAT see ya this weekend.

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2007, 08:57:35 PM »
Deb
Haven't  talked for a while. As youknow I wentr through a total knee replacement last Tuesday and came home on Friday.  Pretty sore and going through the PT twice a day. Attilla the Hun comes by the house and has a list of things to twist, turn pull, stretch in directions they have never seen. Actulally I am doing very well between screams and name calling and sweating during the torture each day.

They took me off the walker and have been using a cane to hobble around and swat the dogs. I am walking with a lot of discomfort and go back to the Doctor next week for the the post op visit. Atilla says I will be walking with out the cane in one week.

Anyway hope all is well with you and Todd.  I will start my daily visits to the web sites to see who is picking on me.

Glen
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2007, 09:20:48 PM »
1. Look closer at the name tag or get Wifey to read it to you.
It says "Attilla the Hen".
2. Walking without the cane is a noble objective but be sure to keep it awhile longer for defence and never give it to her.
3. When I am running away to keep from getting hit by you, which way should I turn, or is it going to be a surprise ?
Jack :-D
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2007, 09:42:07 PM »
glen
whats pt.?...ya mean "Physical terrorist"
kent