Author Topic: Rookie  (Read 2579 times)

Offline fast58

• New folks
Rookie
« on: June 05, 2007, 12:07:31 PM »
Need info-------I went to the may meet and ran out of the rookie lane and got may D and C license and am hoping to get my B license at the june race. My question is---when i go to the salt in aug do i have to go threw the same process, or is this license good for the salt?

Offline V8Pinto

Re: Rookie
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 02:29:55 PM »
You have to make a pass out of the rookie lane at Bonneville even if you are licensed at El Mirage (and vice versa).  They want you to get a feel for the surface and landmarks etc.  I don't think you will have to run the whole meet out of the rookie lane if you hold a license from the other venue.

You going to El Mirage this weekend?
Shane
V8 Pinto on juice
Hayabusa on the brain
Twin-Turbo F150 4x4

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 11:37:04 PM »
We don't really have a rookie lane at Bonneville...   8-) But everyone that has not run n the salt is a rookie and must take the rookie orientation and make a slow pass.  Can't tell you if you can go fast after that, but I would suggest that is in YOUR best interest to work you way up, you have all week, enjoy it.  NEVER leave the start line if you think you have an issue...  :wink:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline fast58

• New folks
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2007, 10:53:03 AM »
Yes i will be there, bright eyed and bushy tailed and ready for speed, what a great addiction. Al most better than sex. ALMOST********************

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2007, 11:27:05 AM »
FYI, all rookie runs are done on the short course. The starter tells the timer and the run is observed by the patrols and the timing people. This is reported back to the starter so he can sign off the drivers/rider license. The only option is if the said person exceeds the license grade the starter may reject it and the run done over. This doesn't happen very often but it has in the past.

The driver/vehicle must exceed 175 mph in the 2-1/4 mile trap to qualify for the long course. Expect the rookies meeting to have a lot of detail and additional information this year as there will be two long courses with a short course in each one. Also the plan is for a third short course for slower vehicles.

Glen
Chief Timer :?
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah