Author Topic: Rookie Orientation  (Read 6882 times)

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
Re: Rookie Orientation
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2007, 11:31:15 PM »
Hawk.... dude....we always bring an extra set of leathers!! we bring just about all our tools and if we don't have it we can get it within 20 steps... don't be afraid to ask, the land speed community is very small but huge on help.
kent

Offline MotoHawk

• New folks
Re: Rookie Orientation
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2007, 01:54:24 PM »
Hawk.... dude....we always bring an extra set of leathers!! we bring just about all our tools and if we don't have it we can get it within 20 steps... don't be afraid to ask, the land speed community is very small but huge on help.
kent

Thank you, I need to swallow my pride and ask for help, and I guarantee I will next time, and will bring more tools.  It was a lot of work and prep to go down to El Mirage, I see here there is lots of help available.
 On the positive side of this shake down trip I met a few people and learned a few things, and the prep work was actually fun, drilling holes and fabing parts, wrenching on bikes, with lots of discussion with my buddies on how to approach a job, my friends all helped. On the long drive with Bob S. we had maybe one of those silent moments that lasted about 35 seconds, (in 13 hours, no radio) otherwise it was full speed ahead with our mouths! Good road trip through the great farmland of Ca.
Mike