Author Topic: Tuning an FI Motorcycle  (Read 12452 times)

Offline peglegcraig

Re: Tuning an FI Motorcycle
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2007, 12:02:09 AM »
I think once you find a thing you have passion for it consumes the mind. :roll: There are lots of ways to add to 7, I like options. Let's find more and better options at the best cost for our needs.
 That's progress :-D

High Gear

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2007, 02:33:52 PM »
PegLeg,

My experience leads me to think that support is the most important thing for you (a self described novice) should to be looking for. Whomever in your area is willing to spend time on your bike and even has a break dyno to do the tuning with will prove much more important the exactly how many channels of data etc. the ecu has. Without support unless you are very lucky you can bounce from one issue to another. Find a local shop that has a good dyno that sells & supports any one of the popular brands of ECU. The experence they have will be used to fast track your project and hopefuly get you up and running with a good tuneup in short order (read less money). Ask around, use the internet, go to the drags etc.

Good Luck,

Gary

Offline ddahlgren

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2008, 07:06:30 PM »
High gear I was brousing some old posts in an effort to start some fresh discussion and ran across this one. You at least when you posted this is a 'newbe' but my comment is your advise right on target. Even better make sure they understand the application in that most forms of racing do not run WOT for miles.. And they have a good grasp of the bike and hardware suitable for it.
Dave