Author Topic: DLRA results  (Read 5122 times)

Offline hawkwind

DLRA results
« on: March 14, 2004, 03:23:00 AM »
G'day all
 well our aussie speed week is over , and I have just finished my first rookie year ,and I have to say what a hoot  I ran a Hayabusa in the 1350 MPS-F class using nitrous ( also my first time using it) I spent the best part of the week working out how to get the stuff to work ,when to activate and so on , and when I did I learnt about the joys of low traction and lots and lots  and even more wheel spin  during all this I managed an average of 202.065 mph and an Aussie record and entrance into the 200 club , so next year its all about finding traction  and weight and refining the power I have
 Jon I have some pics what is the best way to post them as they are to large for the pic post
 Gary
slower than most

landracing

Re: DLRA results
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2004, 10:19:00 AM »
You can send them to me by email, send one or two in each email.

Jonathan

Offline Stovebolt

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2004, 11:00:00 PM »
Gary how about sending me some pics too.

Mark - DLRA member # 101

xxixcoupe@hotmail.com

Buy the way - how did the v4/gbl go?
Its hard enough to be your age, let alone act it.

Offline Stovebolt

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2004, 11:02:00 PM »
I hit enter before I got a chance to say Congratulations on 200+ mph!!! Champion effort. Maybe one day i'll set the XO/VGCC record  ;)

Offline Stovebolt

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2004, 07:12:00 AM »
Some results have come to hand.

just got off the phone with a buddy, he ran 183 in a b/gr before the bad fuel caused a burnt piston.

It was a very windy meet. Day one - a few runs

Day 2 a few runs in the morning, but NO times recorded as it was like a 40 mph tail wind.

Better weather prevailed day 3 and 4 - the time my friend left!!!

Car 3 Gold Holden - blew the 6 speed Lenco AA/GALT. It ran 225 prior to this.

A chopped Falcon coupe ran over 200. SBC powered.

A belly tank ran over 200, It previously ran a turbocharged 4 but MAY have run a trubocharged Nisson 6 this year.

John Lynch's kieth black powered Belly tank stripped the lining off the clutch, and was trying to fly one in on Day 4.

3 bikes ran over 200, and one team fronted with a blown v8 powered bike, only to go home to rebuild it. They are going to turn the engine to an East-West configuration in order to overcome handling issues.

more reports as they come to hand.

sorry no photos ;(

Offline Stovebolt

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2004, 02:58:00 PM »
I just checked the DLRA web site, and there are some pictures up of the entrants.

the T roadster has a Jag v 12 in it. The V8 bike described above is shown also.
 www.dlra.org.au

please enjoy

cheers

Offline generatorshovel

• http://www.dlra.org.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=556
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2004, 08:52:00 PM »
Stovebolt
           The V8 bike did not suffer any handling problems,,only engine failure caused by an auto trans which would not shift into top,,it will be back in 2005,,in its original inline form
Tiny (in OZ)
I would prefer to make horsepower, rather than buy, or hya it, regardless of the difficulties involved , as it would then be MINE

Offline Stovebolt

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2004, 11:17:00 PM »
Genny'l - my mistake. I'm sorry but I was repeating what I was told by someone who was there. My apologies As i can't PM you I hope you re-read this post and accept my apologies.

Cheers

Offline generatorshovel

• http://www.dlra.org.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=556
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2004, 12:44:00 AM »
Originally posted by Stovebolt:
  Genny'l - my mistake. I'm sorry but I was repeating what I was told by someone who was there. My apologies As i can't PM you I hope you re-read this post and accept my apologies.

Cheers
:)
Tiny (in OZ)
I would prefer to make horsepower, rather than buy, or hya it, regardless of the difficulties involved , as it would then be MINE