do they use standard cb's at the track
the rule book said all pull back trucks need a cb just want to know what to get
thanks
rob

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
Re: cb's
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2007, 06:01:33 PM »
don't get a hand held... spend the extra 20 and get a good one. go to a truck stop, they still sell the good stuff.
kent

Offline RayKimbro

• Go fast, be safe - don't mess up
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 09:56:18 AM »
Yup - plain CBs - w/the channel announced at the Saturday AM driver's meeting. (I think it's usually Channel1, unless there's static or interference)
Don't BS on the track - that's what the internet is for.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 01:36:37 PM »
While you're at it, consider putting in a remote speaker -- maybe under the hood of the truck, or in the box/bed, or on the roof.  There'll be about a zillion times during each event that you'll want to hear something on the CB -- the speed of the vehicle making a run, for instance -- and going back to stick your head into the cab of the truck gets old really quickly.  CB's have a socket to plug in an external speaker -- and everyone in line around you will be thanking you.

PS  You might have to disable the part of the socket that disconnects the internal speaker when the ext. one is plugged in -- so you can have both simultaneously.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 03:00:48 PM »
While you're at it, consider putting in a remote speaker -- maybe under the hood of the truck, or in the box/bed, or on the roof.  There'll be about a zillion times during each event that you'll want to hear something on the CB -- the speed of the vehicle making a run, for instance -- and going back to stick your head into the cab of the truck gets old really quickly.  CB's have a socket to plug in an external speaker -- and everyone in line around you will be thanking you.

PS  You might have to disable the part of the socket that disconnects the internal speaker when the ext. one is plugged in -- so you can have both simultaneously.

I got one at a truck stop and I can hear with it better while driving than the one in the CB.  Money well spent and like you said when you stick it outside the vehicle everyone else in the vicinity is happy also.

c ya,

Sum

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2007, 04:24:32 PM »
Sumner, PM me your phone number. I guess I lost it in cyber space or Dolan erased it. LOL
When are you going to El Mirage??
Glen
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline stratman59

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2007, 07:58:10 PM »
thanks for the tips

rob