Author Topic: Parts suppliers  (Read 2894 times)

Offline stratman59

Parts suppliers
« on: May 24, 2007, 06:55:31 AM »
Where's a good place to parts from like the fire proof shifter boots and the wheel covers or disks
new to land speed racing

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
Re: Parts suppliers
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 09:27:07 AM »
welcome to the LSR forum. 1st what type vehicle / class do you want to run. Helps with parts selection. 2nd.Where do you live also helps with parts and location of someone close to help guide you along.
Glen
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 09:33:30 AM »
The advertisers in the rule book are the best place to start.
Wheel disks are from Moon.
Sending your existing shifter boot to any of the chute builders will give them the measurements to replace it with the same fireproofing methods and materials used for shroud lines and belts. :wink:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline desotoman

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 12:34:10 PM »
Look in ECTA rule book.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 12:50:59 AM by desotoman »
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline stratman59

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 07:19:09 PM »
thanks for the replies
i went to Maxton last meet and it looks like alot of fun and everyone was very nice but i did'nt want to ask a bunch of questions while people were busy
i got a rule book book there and have order one from SCTA also
i have a 1964 sport fury Plymouth that's setup for drag racing with .30 440 cubic inch engine and after reading the rule book the only class i think i can run if remove the grill,bumpers,and headlights and cover it is A/GALT
i live rocky mount,north carolina it's about 2 1/2 hrs from maxton
thanks again

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 08:54:44 PM »
..............after reading the rule book the only class i think i can run if remove the grill,bumpers,and headlights and cover it is A/GALT............

Why remove those items or are they all ready gone??

c ya,

Sum

Offline Dan Stokes

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2007, 08:59:26 PM »
Yo Stratman -
Is that as in Fender Strat?  I'm an old rock&roll drummer and lousy bass player, and am always looking for people to play with.

But besides that, I'm in Wilmington NC and race and work at Maxton.  Like you, I used to drag race, but I've given it up for LSR.  Mostly, I like the people better!  That was me in the ground-pounding '78 Camaro w/6 cyl. Drop me a note and we'll talk.  I started about a year ago and am having a ball.  I suspect we can find several classes for the Mopar.  Remember, in LSR, engine mods don't matter.  What counts is displacement, body type, and whether you have a blower or N2O.  Gotta tell you, that's one of my favorite cars of all time - I LOVE that body style.

When I say "work at Maxton" - I'm the Volunteer Coordinator.  If you'd like to come work a race, let me know and we'll schedule you in.  Most of the jobs are fairly easy, so it's no big deal to get trained up.

Have fun
Dan
Wilmington, NC - by the sea

ECTA idiot, Bonneville volunteer

Offline stratman59

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2007, 09:08:25 PM »
..............after reading the rule book the only class i think i can run if remove the grill,bumpers,and headlights and cover it is A/GALT............

Why remove those items or are they all ready gone??

c ya,

Sum

they are not on the car now took them off to make tilt front end also the ECTA rule book said to  run altered coupe this was one  of the 4 mods that had to be done. the rule book doesn't say anything about the inner fenders under the hood mine have been cut out is this legal or can i fab my own.
thanks
Rob

Offline Dan Stokes

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2007, 10:57:24 PM »
Hey Stratman!
I wrote you back a nice note, but I can't get the forum to send it on to you. I'm on a MAC, but this usually works.  Email me at stokes_dan@yahoo.com and we'll try it again.

Later
Dan
Wilmington, NC - by the sea

ECTA idiot, Bonneville volunteer

Offline Roadster943

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2007, 12:29:58 AM »
    Call Deist Safety and order order a yard of Nomex in your choice of colors. Get some nomex thread and make a boot to fit . Easy, inexpensive,lookws good and above all SAFE.  Good luck and have fun.  Vince
Land Speed Racing, The sheer joy of spending every dime you've got racing for nothing but glory. David Freiburger