Author Topic: Happy Birthday  (Read 4270 times)

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
Happy Birthday
« on: May 20, 2007, 05:01:08 AM »
He Jon,

happy birthday, young-timer,

have a great party, all the best wishes and more luck with your 600 project in 2007.

See you at the salt and thanks for the great job with your web site.
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: Happy Birthday
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 12:10:55 PM »
Happy Birthday, Jonathon, and many happy returns of the day.  Scary part of the deal:  My daughter is a couple of years older than you are.  Dang -- and here I was, still thinking I was only approaching middle age.  Your event sort of confirms that I'm probably already IN middle age, maybe a touch beyond.

Whatever -- Nancy and I send our greetings and thanks, as Pork Pie said, for keeping us going on landracing.com.  Speaking of the general topic, we've got 147 1/4# hamburger patties made up and in the freezer (for Salt Talks '07).  Also 140 1/4# hot dogs, and five or six dozen bratwurst.  I'll order the pasties soon -- gonna get 100 this year.  Whet your appetites, boys and girls -- there'll be plenty of food to go around.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Larry Forstall

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 12:19:40 PM »
Happy Birthday Jon. May your present be a 200+ record this August.    8-)

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2007, 12:22:05 PM »
Yes, Happy Birthday  :evil:  :-D  :wink:,

Sum

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2007, 07:28:04 PM »
Uh Slim, what sort of critters do you folks from "way up north" put in your burgers and brats?  I don't know if I am ready for a "Beaver Burger" or "Badger Brat".  Inquiring minds NEED TO KNOW!!! :-D :-D :-D
Bob Drury

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2007, 10:01:24 AM »
Well, Bob, we are right next to Wisconsin, and the Wisconsin team name is the Badgers, and bratwurst is very popular in that state.  From those bits of information -- you're on your own.  Now that you mention it -- I think these brats ARE from Wisconsin.  Hmmmmm.....

Everybody knows that hot dogs are made from the nether parts of animals -- you know, the lips and assholes -- but trust me on this -- we only use animals that led a good life and ate things that wouldn't harm those important parts.  So don't worry about the hot dogs, either. 

Hamburger:  I buy it in bulk and make up the patties in the comfort of our kitchen.  I've got a fancy (okay, it's a cheap one) hamburger patty press, so they're all nice and round and flat.  Nancy was in charge of weighing out the blobs of burger and then passing them to me for final work -- and she really did use my nitrous scale to make sure they all are 1/4-pounders.  We didn't let the cats get too near us, and even if we did, the long-haired cat got a haircut just recently so he didn't have a chance to add much to the burgers.  And I wore a shirt the entire time -- no chest hairs in the burger patties.

Now -- the final item -- the pasties.  We don't make them.  We order them up from a store in Crystal Falls (Michigan) and they make, bake, freeze, and package them before delivery to Marquette.  They're standard pasties "with" -- that is, with rutabaga as well as potato, onion, coarse-ground beef, and seasoning.  If you want further information on just what is a pasty -- you can find out lots via the search engines, or you can go to www.pasty.net (or is it pasty.com?).  We've been bringing pasties to Salt Talks for three or four years now, and they get more popular every year.  Last time -- 85 pasties, and I didn't even get one.  This year I'm thinking about getting 100.

My biggest concern is that the deep freeze that we put in the pickup to hold all this food for the trip -- was at about 98% capacity last summer.  I'm looking for a bigger freezer for this year.  Damn, isn't it great to have such problems?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2007, 10:20:45 AM »
"Rest assured that all the animals that died to make the food stuffs available were from natural causes including "Road Kill".

"No animals were intentionally harmed during the production of this event." :wink:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2007, 10:56:26 AM »
And speaking of lips and assholes, my friend Jack says..........ah, ah, ah just kidding........ :wink: :wink:
Bob Drury

Offline Speed Limit 1000

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2007, 01:45:31 PM »
Good one Bob :-D I really like the "Beaver Burgers". :evil:
John Gowetski, red hat @ 221.183 MPH MSA Lakester, Bockscar #1000 60 ci normally aspirated w/N20

John@JE Pistons

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2007, 01:56:11 PM »
Jon,

Hope you had a great birthday and like others have said, run fast and get that record you are seeking.

J

Offline joea

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2007, 09:28:33 PM »
the beaver is certainly always in season
at least in my neck of the woods...a  very hearty
a durable animal.....somewhat difficult to trap...the beaver
sushi is quite addicting.....