Author Topic: ECTA Maxton News  (Read 37055 times)

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
Re: ECTA Maxton News
« Reply #75 on: May 28, 2007, 09:33:00 AM »
LSR or dry lakes racing goes back to the 1930's. NHRA came along in the late 40's started by a lakes racer, Wally Parks. There were several Girls racing back then, They just get more visability now because of the media. I don't see what the big deal is if they get the attention and a free ride sometimes.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline WildBro

« Reply #76 on: May 28, 2007, 10:19:20 AM »
LSR or dry lakes racing goes back to the 1930's. NHRA came along in the late 40's started by a lakes racer, Wally Parks. There were several Girls racing back then, They just get more visability now because of the media. I don't see what the big deal is if they get the attention and a free ride sometimes.

I don't get the big deal of the boy / girl thing.  Females can do exactly what males can.  I get a kick out of it when a guy gets upset because a girl beats him.  Getting beat is getting beat, no matter by whom.  I will admit, I am one of those few males that will get on the back of a bike with a woman driving.  Doesn't bother me at all, but you should hear the comments I get.  :roll:   
Bill
aka: Tenno Celeritas

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #77 on: May 28, 2007, 02:26:20 PM »
Kaz
you are way, way off base with that comment... maybe that's why your divorced more than once.... but listen pal, just because you took Georges drag bike school yes you can consider yourself a psm racer even though you have never raced or qualified at a nhra event. but taking his school doesnt meen you will get his next ride.... the "GIRL" got the ride 'cuz she "brought" $ to the table "NOT" because of the potential "$" she "might" bring. Maybe scott did have his own agenda for "his" bike. if he wanted to to have the worlds fastest "girl" on his bike good on him! I think he picked the right person. If he wants to have the worlds fasted racer in "GAY" green leathers ya better bring some money! It's a harsh world out ther buddy, and just like i told ya in May when ya wanted to race one of my bikes, "ass, gas, or cash, nobody races for free!"

Offline Speed Limit 1000

« Reply #78 on: May 28, 2007, 03:48:45 PM »
Kaz
 "ass, gas, or cash, nobody races for free!"

A little hard, but life is a bitch, :evil: You said it well!
John Gowetski, red hat @ 221.183 MPH MSA Lakester, Bockscar #1000 60 ci normally aspirated w/N20

landracing

« Reply #79 on: May 28, 2007, 05:33:55 PM »
Hey Kaz,

You could trade me your motorcycle trailer and Ill let you ride for one event.

However, Richard Thomason rides for free, he gives us some of those great Honey Crisps Apples....

Jon

Offline 1212FBGS

« Reply #80 on: May 28, 2007, 05:59:56 PM »
yep...

Offline 2fast4u2c

• http://www.TigerRacingProducts.com
Re: Why?
« Reply #81 on: May 28, 2007, 06:36:10 PM »

Friends helping friends do well.

Isn't that the way it should be?

Never a truer word was spoken.

Guy
300mph or Bust in 1 mile!!!

Tiger Racing

Super Kaz

« Reply #82 on: May 30, 2007, 08:37:34 AM »
[ :-P
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 10:14:12 PM by Super Kaz »

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
bridges....
« Reply #83 on: May 30, 2007, 09:48:48 AM »
 :roll:

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #84 on: May 30, 2007, 10:13:41 AM »
Well , with all the comments, views, and drama, this has brought more attention together to a single incident at Maxton that one could imagine.
All the "hens and roosters" are just posturing and have lost sight of the real objective.
Congratulations for the accomplishments and level headed response to the failures should be the where the effort is made with the result being the sport will be better for it.

" Don't jump any higher than you are prepared to eventually land on your feet and always be ready to walk."  (me) :wink:

"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline 1212FBGS

« Reply #85 on: May 30, 2007, 01:22:15 PM »

well spaz,i guess you don't get it... my posts and others here have nothing but praise and advise for Deb... your post was a "poor poor me and why do all the girls get what i think i deserve" your attempt to "burst her bubble" with comments like " it makes me sick" undermine other woman in all racing industries (including a lady business owner who is your only sponsor) and doesn't set well with me.  Your comments were way off base. Instead of an apology to Deb and women racers you attacked me.... good boy... good boy.... your gonna go far in racing! I think your opinions of me and attempts to enlighten me of what others think of me are amusing. Unlike you, i don't give a crap what others think of me!
out
Kent

bak189

« Reply #86 on: May 30, 2007, 04:07:36 PM »
Well said.....Kent!!!!!!!!!!!!

landracing

« Reply #87 on: May 30, 2007, 10:59:44 PM »
well he deleted his comments so I couldn't follow the last two comments he made.... I'm betting they were fun :)

Jon

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #88 on: May 31, 2007, 12:20:10 AM »
well he deleted his comments so I couldn't follow the last two comments he made.... I'm betting they were fun :)

Jon

They were... :wink:

Super Kaz

« Reply #89 on: May 31, 2007, 09:55:31 AM »

Jon

They were... :wink:

Jon,
No more keyboard Jousting with Kunt it's not worth the hassle :wink:.
To all the Female Racer's congratulations for the Great Runs at Maxton!
Hope you Heal up fast ,and have Great Season 8-)
To anyone else I might have offended SORRY that was Not my intention :oops:
Hope You all Have a Great Day,
Kaz........... :mrgreen: