Author Topic: ECTA Maxton News  (Read 37058 times)

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
Re: ECTA Maxton News
« Reply #60 on: May 26, 2007, 11:47:48 AM »
Dan, are you sure you want to visit Maxton?  It's in Scotland County, North Carolina, and it's a dry county -- no beer allowed.

We'll see you on the Salt.

I guess I won't see him visiting Blanding either then  :cry:,

Sum

Offline Stroker

• New folks
    • http://www.snartracing.com
« Reply #61 on: May 26, 2007, 12:55:44 PM »
Dan, fear not. There is almost always cold beer in the Snart pit. Cold Canadian beer if I'm in attendance.
Consider that  an invitation.

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #62 on: May 26, 2007, 01:52:39 PM »
Deb
this is not a public smack down... if jon was to poll this I'm sure we would vote to give it to ya.
The license thing is no big deal, if they don't give it to ya today you'll get it next month. treat every run as a lic run. last year i was .992 tho off of my unlimited lic (299.008) we put a 300mph tune up in it and broke 5 more times trying :cry:... I'll get it next year, and i'm damn well sure you'll get yours.
Kent

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #63 on: May 26, 2007, 05:40:27 PM »
Thanks Kent!
That's actually a really good thought that I will remember.

Todd approaches each run as if it were his last. Meaning he gives the bike all he's got as if it were his last run of the meet.
This way if the bike blows he knows he didn't hold back and he won't go home disappointed.

treat every run as a lic run.
Todd and I really like this statement. I think if I add your thought of each run being a licensing run it will help to keep me safe. If I think that each run is taking
me to a new level it will help to keep me grounded and to not go to far to soon.

Thanks for the thoughts!
Here's to us both reaching our next level at our next event!
(you were SOOOO close! ;) but now you have something to go back for! :) )
Deb
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

Offline nickelcityracing

• nickelcityracing.com
« Reply #64 on: May 26, 2007, 10:41:00 PM »
Deb, just a point of view to consider. You seemed to be fine with all the "public" publicity that was thrown at you before the license was taken back, so why get all PO'd when it's "publicly" taken away?
I can certainly understand all of the "you go girl" postings for anyone with these achievements, and I'm certain that you'll get your official "A" license eventually, but very little has been said about another "you go girl" accomplishment. Trillium went faster at the same meet, was blessed with no target fixation, and had alot less "help" to get there. I haven't seen any "hurt feelings" post from her.
You've always impressed me as a female that KNOWS that she can do whatever the fellas are doing, given the same platform, and I feel certain that you can handle most any bike that's handed to you, but the "It would be really nice if all of you would remember that there is a person with feelings behind this debate" just kinda blindsided me. You've always impressed me as someone that required no special treatment due to gender, but at the same time someone that had a burning desire to accomplish as much as she could as a female...something to be very proud of. What happened? Surely you wouldn't want a set of rules based on gender.
From what I can gather, no rider has ever gone down on a licensing run at Maxton, so your run is bringing up all sorts of questions. These guestions should be addressed asap, and they will help the ECTA in the future.

Snal~

First I must state that I am proud of both of the "girls" for what they have done.

I would think that Deb would get to hold an "A" license as she seems to have completed the requirements and did not crash "in the lights" or take out the timing equipment during the 212 mph pass.

Second, a big congrats also to Trilly and Jody for the great runs they both made, Jody gets in the ECTA 200 club and Trill comes out the fastest ever female open bike rider period anywhere!

Congrats to Trill, Jody, and Deb and everyone is grateful for the "minor" injuries Deb received.

Scott, if you need and parts for the bike that went down let me know as I have some spares also.

J

John
Thanks again for all you have done for nickel city racing.. Trillium
www.nickelcityracing.com
Trillium-Maxton 2 club---FASTEST WOMAN ON A MOTORCYCLE
Jody-220mph naked..maxton 200 club-236.6 mph top speed
2003 RCC ULTRA TURBO BUSA
THANKS SPONSORS:RCC turbos-JE Pistons-MTC-Elka-Suzuki Canada-Brock's-Northbay cycle-Dyno Jet

Offline nickelcityracing

• nickelcityracing.com
« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2007, 10:54:08 PM »
thanks to everyone on here that congratulated Jody and myself on our runs.....Jon , Kent , Larry , Scott , MM , Snal , John Noonan , Debbie , Todd.     thank you all.......Trillium
www.nickelcityracing.com
Trillium-Maxton 2 club---FASTEST WOMAN ON A MOTORCYCLE
Jody-220mph naked..maxton 200 club-236.6 mph top speed
2003 RCC ULTRA TURBO BUSA
THANKS SPONSORS:RCC turbos-JE Pistons-MTC-Elka-Suzuki Canada-Brock's-Northbay cycle-Dyno Jet

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #66 on: May 26, 2007, 11:02:41 PM »
Jack - yes,

Deb,

While we have never met I feel that I know you as a LSR competitor. You get high praise from those that know you and race with you. My response was to point out what a license program should be. I, of all people, know that there are individuals involved in our sport. I
would have it no other way.

I hope to be able to make a Maxton meet and introduce myself to everyone I know from this forum.

DW

Thanks Dan that was very nice of you to say. I look forward to the day we get to meet, either on your turf or ours!
Deb

Offline 2fast4u2c

• http://www.TigerRacingProducts.com
« Reply #67 on: May 27, 2007, 08:38:22 AM »
Deb,

When I told you to brake when you saw God, you must know that sometime he comes in all shapes, even cones. :wink:
Just a little humor.
I was the inspector that signed your time ticket for that run and it stands for that moment in time at that very second.  You WERE the fastest woman.  Then of course, trillium made her next run.  But for that moment in time, you WERE it girl.  As far as your 'A' license, I know you will kick ass at the Sept. event once you are all healed.  As a Tiger Racing sponsored racer, anything you need, just let us know. 
And never fear, I hear the Guthrie machine will live to race another day and it too is a Tiger Racing sponsored bike.  The Guthrie laboratories are working tirelessly to rebuild it.

see you soon,

Guy
300mph or Bust in 1 mile!!!

Tiger Racing

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #68 on: May 27, 2007, 09:40:23 AM »
Deb,

When I told you to brake when you saw God, you must know that sometime he comes in all shapes, even cones. :wink:
Just a little humor.

I was the inspector that signed your time ticket for that run and it stands for that moment in time at that very second.  You WERE the fastest woman. 
Yes, thank you very much :D it makes it a whole lot easier sitting here not being able to ride knowing I held the title for 2 1/2 hours.
But you have to admit, that was a pretty good plan making everyone stop racing so I could hold the title a little longer!

Then of course, trillium made her next run.  But for that moment in time, you WERE it girl. 
Trillium is a good rider and competitor. They've put a lot of work into their bike so I honestly didn't think I had a chance to top her this meet. I'll take squeezing in between her runs for now! I don't think there was any doubt she was going home with the title!

As far as your 'A' license, I know you will kick ass at the Sept. event once you are all healed.  As a Tiger Racing sponsored racer, anything you need, just let us know. 
And never fear, I hear the Guthrie machine will live to race another day and it too is a Tiger Racing sponsored bike.  The Guthrie laboratories are working tirelessly to rebuild it.

see you soon,

Guy

Thanks as always for your generosity Guy!
Deb

Offline Dan Stokes

« Reply #69 on: May 27, 2007, 01:15:29 PM »
Deb -
I don't know about everyone, but I know I'm proud of both you and Trillium, and I bet we all are.  You both have considerably larger cojones that I have.  Anything over about 55 on a bike is plenty for me!  If I ever make 200, there will be doors involved.

I hope no one feels to need to conjure up a rivalry between you two, like folks are trying to do with Danika and Milka.  No need for that.  I want to see EVERYONE at Maxton do well.  As I've mentioned before, as the father of daughters, I especially want to see all of the women do well, to hasten the day when no one feels the need to say "she rides well - for a girl" and will replace that with "she rides well".  Probably not fair, but in this venue, you two (and the other woman, who's name, I apologize, I do not remember) are the trailblazers.  So Ride On!!  And thanks for breaking the trail so my daughters (and now, grand daughters) will have fewer barriers.

Dan
Wilmington, NC - by the sea

ECTA idiot, Bonneville volunteer

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #70 on: May 27, 2007, 07:09:01 PM »
Thanks Dan!

I am not at all interested in any "negative" rivalry between myself and Trillium or any of the other women in this sport. In my opinion there is not enough of us! I don't care if each and every one of them is faster then me. My goal is to promote us all in a positive light. That's not to say there won't be a little smack talk from time to time ;) but from my vantage point, if you're faster then me put it down and raise the bar. It's up to me to run faster and maybe some day I'll get the chance to raise the bar myself. If and when that happens I'll be cheering on the next gal and telling her if I can do it so can you! I mean heck, there's an awful lot of records set by men. If us gals are going to conquer them all we're going to have to work together! :-D

Believe me I've suffered a lifetime of "girls shouldn't drive hot rods", "girls shouldn't work on cars", blah blah blah. Heck, my 8th grade guidance counselor, when I told him I wanted to be an auto mechanic, told me you don't want to do that, that's not a job for a girl. :roll: So here I am 26 or so years later and I still have a wrench in my hand. I would like nothing more then to live to see the day that the "for a girl" part was dropped from every conversation!

In all honesty one of the things I like the most about LSR is the fact that being a woman in this sport is for the most part celebrated and a positive thing. The guys are supportive and encouraging and mostly not condescending. There's still a few of the good ole boys out there ;) but it's getting fewer & farther in between. Not that I looking for accolades because I'm a woman. I'm just looking to be another racer making accomplishments amongst the other racers!

I'm on board with you hoping that the future generation of female racers are merely considered racers. If I can be a positive part of that then that would just be really cool!  8-)
Deb (happily referred to for years by my mentor as "the girl")

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #71 on: May 27, 2007, 08:39:05 PM »
Deb
You have my support. I admire you for everything you do.
Glen
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline t russell

« Reply #72 on: May 27, 2007, 11:13:14 PM »
Deb from what I see you are someone I would love for my girls to look up to.You have more respect than you will ever know.
terry

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2007, 11:22:09 PM »
....................... I would like nothing more then to live to see the day that the "for a girl" part was dropped from every conversation!....................

The day should be now.  Considering the women in the 300 mph and 200 mph club, along with championships in NHRA and what they have done in open wheel and stock cars women are already "racers" and not "women racers".  In our sport as JackD tries to point out time and again their average smaller physical size can be a big bonus.  Sooner or later the guys might want a handicap :evil: .

Any person that runs over 200 on a bike gets my respect and it is the same whether they are male or female.

c ya,

Sum

« Last Edit: May 27, 2007, 11:25:15 PM by Sumner »

Super Kaz

« Reply #74 on: May 28, 2007, 08:43:27 AM »
 :-o
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 10:03:16 PM by Super Kaz »