Author Topic: ECTA Maxton News  (Read 37144 times)

Offline t russell

Re: ECTA Maxton News
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2007, 07:16:32 PM »
Deb Cyndia and I were scared to death until we got the news you were(ok).
hope to see you soon.
terry

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2007, 09:27:54 AM »
Deb, let me add my "get well" and let you know you now have a great racing story to tell, and believe me, you will over and over.  I hope to hear it  at the Salt Talks, are you and Todd coming out?  Glad to hear you were not hurt too seriously, you fared well for a crash at any speed.  Also glad to see you are ready to get back on the horse that threw you.  Your analysis of the problem sounded spot on, "focus on where you want to go, not where you don't"  :wink: I'll bet you will have that burned in your brain the next time you race.  Again get well, looking forward to meeting y'all.
Stainless
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Dan Stokes

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2007, 09:31:55 AM »
Scott -
Thanks for your wonderful letter.  Not one word about the bike, and no pissin' and moanin' about your loss.  While your accomplishments on the track are legendary (I have to confess that when I first came to the track, I didn't know WHO you were), now I know why you're a champion.  You are a gracious gentleman - I'm afraid a dying breed.  And, like Keith and I, you married up - Ellen's a keeper.  

I'm sure you have resources far beyond my humble abilities, but if I can help put it back together, by all means please call.  The best I could probably offer is to paint it for you.  I've been a backyard painter for over 40 years, so I do have some skills in that department.  I'll just take a day to drive down to see my Mom and pick it up on the way there or back.  I'm serious.

See you next meet
Dan
Wilmington, NC - by the sea

ECTA idiot, Bonneville volunteer

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2007, 08:14:38 PM »
Scott, I am so overwhelmed with your chivalry. You allow me the honor of riding your bike with free reign to give it everything it has. I do that, goober up the shut down, take the bike down and out. Then you publicly state not only will the bike be rebuilt but not to your standards but to a higher standard you feel I seemingly deserve.

I just don't know what to say. I am so overwhelmed and honored by the faith that you and others instill in me.

I never ever wanted to wreck a bike, let alone someone else's bike, let alone the legendary Scott Guthrie's bike but in all honesty, I never could have understood or felt the magnitude or comradery, sense of family and overall love of fellow man and racer that this collective group has shown me. The number of people I know and don't know that have offered anything and everything they have to help both myself and the bike back on the mend is truely unbelievable.

Getting a record, getting in the two club, being the fastest whatever at any given point in time yeah that's something, but looking deep in the eyes of my fellow racers, the volunteers that run the track, the man that owns the bike you just wrecked while sitting on the ground where you just landed and having each and every one of them say that was a hell of a run, you scared the crap out of us, we're proud of you, don't ever do that again without a shred of anger and nothing but love and gratefulness in their eyes and hearts, that's just truly priceless!

If I never ride again this is a moment in time that will live on inside of me forever!
But don't get any funny ideas, I WILL ride again! ;)
Deb
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

Offline narider

• Self Moderating
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2007, 09:40:47 PM »
After a few of these posts, I really don't know what to say or can't seem to muster the words to do so.:cry:
Instead, I'll leave my thoughts of the entire situation in one of the pictures I took, you can hear my words... by reading their faces.

I wish every land speed racer could feel what Debbie feels right now... simply phenomenal,
Todd

Offline KeithTurk

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2007, 12:44:57 AM »
Don't forget, you also earned your A Lic. on that Pass Deb... how cool is that?

LOL  Hey ya gotta look at the little stuff too... there's a ton of folks in the pits that would love to have that lic.

K
Keith Turk
 D Gas Modified Sports
 246.555 mph

Offline Dan Stokes

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2007, 08:04:30 AM »
Keith's right on with that one.  I'll likely NEVER have an "A" license.

Later
Dan
Wilmington, NC - by the sea

ECTA idiot, Bonneville volunteer

Offline t russell

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2007, 07:36:13 PM »
Hell Ill never see one
terry

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2007, 11:17:33 PM »
Terry, I'll bet if you stand at the bar at the 2 club meeting everyone that you buy a drink for will likely show you theirs if you ask... :roll:
Stainless

Offline t russell

« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2007, 11:24:56 PM »
Terry, I'll bet if you stand at the bar at the 2 club meeting everyone that you buy a drink for will likely show you theirs if you ask... :roll:
And you would be first in line :lol:

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2007, 11:35:43 PM »
Only if I can trip Johnboy during the rush...  :wink:
Stainless

Offline KeithTurk

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2007, 01:54:11 AM »
actually I was wrong about the lic.  Unfortunately the rule says that you have to complete the run...  bummer...

Hmmm  See even I have to read the rules now and again...

Sorry if I got your hopes up Deb... my mistake...  teach me to shoot off my mouth...

Keith
Keith Turk
 D Gas Modified Sports
 246.555 mph

equimania

« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2007, 02:19:28 AM »
First woman officially over 210 MPH on a Street Bike, we thought…….

No, the first woman over 210 was Trillium.  210.13mph

MM

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2007, 10:10:57 AM »
actually I was wrong about the lic.  Unfortunately the rule says that you have to complete the run...  bummer...

Hmmm  See even I have to read the rules now and again...

Sorry if I got your hopes up Deb... my mistake...  teach me to shoot off my mouth...

Keith
deb
Kieth, if Deb received a time slip, she completed the run  :-) the incident was after the completed run in the shutdown area.  Deb should have earned her A   :x
Stainless

Offline narider

• Self Moderating
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2007, 11:03:22 AM »
Some people involved(more like involving themselves) interpret the rules the way they see best to make themselves feel better Stainless. No sweat... as Deb said "I'm doing this for me and there are only 4 people involved that I'm concerned about their direct position on this." 

I feel there is no one that's been under 210mph on a motorcycle at Maxton(myself included in that description) that can judge her(you don't let a $50,000 a year guy tell you why you aren't making a million dollars). All the "FAST" people I talked with so far fully understand the scope of the situation and have shared their experiences with me. Remedy discussions are in process(Debbie takes FULL responsibility, but room for other improvements are plentiful imo).

Thank you for your support Bob, you bring up an excellent point in regards to reading the written rule(but it appears that is sometimes only relevant to certain teams, individuals and circumstances).

Debbie had a very successful 212+mph pass at less then 3mph short of the fastest speed that motorcycle has ever obtained with(one of) the best rider(s) anywhere in the world on it... there's no piece of paper that could make that accomplishment any better or worse.

Life on our end is good... recovery is eminent... safety practices are being enhanced... and speed increases will not be deterred.

Thanks for all the support both publicly and privately,
Todd