Author Topic: Rad Kirbv Announcer reference  (Read 3491 times)

Offline Carl Johansson

Rad Kirbv Announcer reference
« on: May 07, 2007, 10:27:48 PM »
Did anyone hear the announcer on sunday laughing himself sick trying to find someone named Rad Kirby.  Apparently someone heard the name -  and recognized it as the son of a friend he hadn't heard from in 30 years!

well Rad turns out to be my co-driver -  he was strapped in the car during the announcement -  and didn't hear it.  But We sure would like to hear from someone who can shed some light on this.  turns out Rad is a rookie driver -  always wanted to go to El Mirage -  and has had such a good experience -  he will be back in June -  but he was so excited he is bringing his father (who he hasn't had much contact with recently).  So to make a long story even more convoluted -  we need to find out who was looking for Rad -  and can I find them and make sure they come to the June meet! Can someone give me some contact info for the announcer -  or anyone else who could possibly help me out?

Thanks
Carl Johansson
Carl Johansson
 Auberry Ca

Offline Piper1

• New folks
Re: Rad Kirbv Announcer reference
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 12:52:26 AM »
Carl

i am Bill the announcer and i in no way was trying to hurt ANY-ONES feelings. Shawn came to the back of the announcers stand and asked me to make the announcement that this man was looking for  friend of his fathers named Red Kirby, i made that announcement and then they poped in and said he wasn't sure of the mans name and told me to announce his name was somthing like red derby. and that is where i lost it. i now have made an announcement, and the names are changing and i find out that we really do not know who we are looking for it is just a guy looking for someone that knew his dad.

please let this man know that i was NOT making fun of him, and that the humor of the moment tickled me to the point of tears.

also know that i woke up this morning laughing myself to tears again when i told the story to my wife.

i sincerely apologize to the gentleman and i am happy that he found Rad Kirby (a name that i will not soon forget)

Bill

Offline promachine

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 12:58:10 AM »
Nice job anouncing this weekend anyway, I noticed your perspectives were
 entertaining.
Dirty 2 driver-nitro junkie-H.P. peddler

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2007, 12:09:12 PM »
hey Bill
good job on the announcing, gonna do it again in June?
kent

Offline Carl Johansson

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2007, 12:54:19 PM »
Hey bill,
You misunderstand me.   you did not offend anyone -  I thought it was amusing as hell.  I screwed up -  it was windy and hard to hear -  at first when you said Rad -  i thought -  well i better tell him when he gets out of the car -  then when the name started morphing -  i thought -  nah -  couldn't be him, what are the odds someone knew rads dad.  later when i thought about it -  and remembered that Rad was from lancaster -  i finally put the pieces of the puzzle together,  but it was to late.

So now i'm trying to find out if anyone knows who was asking for "Red Derby" because i would really like to introduce him to the one and only Rad Kirby -  as well as Rads Dad!

Thanks for the response -  i hoping you or someone else will know who the mystery person looking for the legend is.

And thanks for the job you did as announcer -  it makes the meet so much more enjoyable being able to keep up with whats going on!
Carl johansson

Carl

i am Bill the announcer and i in no way was trying to hurt ANY-ONES feelings. Shawn came to the back of the announcers stand and asked me to make the announcement that this man was looking for  friend of his fathers named Red Kirby, i made that announcement and then they poped in and said he wasn't sure of the mans name and told me to announce his name was somthing like red derby. and that is where i lost it. i now have made an announcement, and the names are changing and i find out that we really do not know who we are looking for it is just a guy looking for someone that knew his dad.

please let this man know that i was NOT making fun of him, and that the humor of the moment tickled me to the point of tears.

also know that i woke up this morning laughing myself to tears again when i told the story to my wife.

i sincerely apologize to the gentleman and i am happy that he found Rad Kirby (a name that i will not soon forget)

Bill
Carl Johansson
 Auberry Ca

Offline Piper1

• New folks
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2007, 01:19:13 PM »
give Shawn a call from the sidewinders
his number is on the sidewinders website as the Sergent at arms

peace
Bill