Author Topic: Get it while you can.......  (Read 4462 times)

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
Re: Get it while you can.......
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 03:30:59 PM »
I have some never been seen before pictures of the X that were taken from under the launch ramp.
I wonder if I should sell them ?
My bid for the HD package was based on the seller seperating the steel, copper, aluminum and how many pounds of each.  :roll:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 04:09:15 PM »
I would love to see those pix.... i remember seeing him stuff that baby into the canyon wall on tv
kent

Offline bbb

• Aerodynamically Challenged
  • JorNic Motorsports
    • JorNic Motorsports, Charlottesville, Va.
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2007, 05:04:45 PM »
I was a kid and remember it like yesterday. he was myhero. still have his motorcycle that you put on the base and wiind up the knob and release the bike to tear off into wild blue yonder. the evil replica rider had his cape blowing in the wind. I tried to launch him from my roof to the neighbors roof. had about the same outcome as the snake canyon debacle.

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007, 07:39:27 PM »
We lived in Vegas when the sorta jump the fountains circus was playing.
Now the MX kids are doing way more than that with 3 pals at the same time for a contest.
Dumping the AHH Chutes on the canyon ramp was the smartest thing he ever did.
The guy I was with under the ramp (some of you knew him) is still owed some money for some advertising on a bike that ran with the Long Beach GP and an Evil paint job.
He was in San Diego for years after he quit riding and hustled golf partners in Mission Valley.
Those HDs were brutal and most people I know wouldn't go off a curb with them.  :wink:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2007, 10:37:29 PM »
We lived in Vegas when the sorta jump the fountains circus was playing.
Now the MX kids are doing way more than that with 3 pals at the same time for a contest...................

Put them on his Harley and see if they would be up to it  :wink: .  In fact you made my point yourself  :evil: .

....................Those HDs were brutal and most people I know wouldn't go off a curb with them.  :wink:

c ya,

Sum

landracing

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2007, 02:12:40 AM »
Dont ever remember Evil when he did stunts.

But I did win money in the nickle slots Evil Knieval game in wendover, I pushed my luck on the daredevil Bonus round and won double money, then I got out...

Jon

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2007, 05:20:41 AM »
Evil made and lost a lot of money taking chances that were not only less predictable than a slot machine, but most of the take also stuck with the house. :wink:

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2007, 12:16:15 PM »
check out the general lee.... 10 mil bids!...!!! bet he'll get paid!...! heck i once saod a yamaha 6 times on ebay before i actually got someone to pay for it!....! ebay loosers!
Kent

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2007, 04:29:01 PM »
I was born and raised in Twin Falls, Id and while I do not remember the jump across the canyon I have always thought it was really cool that my grandfather had a hand in building Evils ramp on the canyon. When we were kids we use to go to the site of the ramp and screw around on our bicycles.

Scott