Author Topic: speed rated tires  (Read 9022 times)

LittleLiner

Re: speed rated tires
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2007, 08:57:14 AM »
The ECTA rule book for 2007 indicates that OEM motorcycle tires are OK up to 125mph at Maxton.  This year there is an update to the wheel size specs that says that 15inch in the minimum.  I suspect there would be an exception for stuff like pocket bikes, scooters etc., but that is just my very unofficial opinion.  The rule book lists Scott Guthrie as the contact for 'Correspondence related to motorcycle rules . .'  It lists an email address of ecta-mc-committee@yahoo.com.   Mr Guthrie is a regular on this board so he might see this thread and respond directly right here.   When you send an email to any official at ECTA it is suggested that you include words in the subject line like “ECTA” or “Maxton” — so your mail does not get tossed with the junk mail.  They are apparently getting hammered with SPAM. 

BTW  There should not be any problem timing your bike at those low speeds.  In addition to the electronic clocks the tower also has a calendar.  :-D

Offline Dean Los Angeles

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2007, 10:58:17 AM »
Michelin Pilot Sport Sc 130/60x13 53P TL has a speed rating of P=93 mph
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

biketoc

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2007, 09:23:02 PM »
Thank you for that information.I was a little worried about that.
I am running on a very limited budget .My plan is to run what I have .that way I can figure out
where to sleep and eat  also how to get there and what I will need .all that is beside building a racer.
I may get a turbo 1300 but I still need to figure out the above mentioned stuff along with getting a rule book to go land racing.for now the bottom class will be a load of fun. I am looking forward to September.