Author Topic: Next Meet where to camp?????  (Read 3153 times)

Offline lrs30

• New folks
Next Meet where to camp?????
« on: May 02, 2007, 10:15:02 PM »
Looking for a place to camp that is tent/camp fire friendly. Also looking for the camp ground where the racers might be staying, and does anybody know the distance/Address of the meet/ from Cincinnati... Thanks Again Guys Great Help, you guys are always quick with very great Info......Thanks,Ryan.

Offline RidgeRunner

Re: Next Meet where to camp?????
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 11:10:34 PM »
    Some camp at the track.  Check the ecta-lsr.com site close for more local info.  If you pitch a tent check your spot close, I have noticed fire ant hills that we don't have in New England and I don't imagine you have in OH...............

Looking now like it will be fall at least before I can get back down.  Hope you have a safe and enjoyable trip.

Ed Purinton

Offline Dan Stokes

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 12:41:58 AM »
My idea of roughing it is the Holiday Inn, so I don't have much info.  But, as mentioned, lots of folks camp at the track.  There is water available, but I don't know if it's potable.  Pretty sure it is portable, however, if you bring a jug.  We also have those fancy toilets that you don't even have to flush!  Guess what I'm trying to say is that it's gonna be pretty rustic.  Campfires may be out of the question unless our drought breaks - I live in Wilmington, NC, and there are bans in place on all burning for the time being.  The track is in Scotland county, so you might want to check on the Web and see what the county says a few days in advance.

Welcome to Maxton - you'll have a BALL!!!

Dan
Wilmington, NC - by the sea

ECTA idiot, Bonneville volunteer

Offline tim schoeny

• New folks
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2007, 07:05:54 AM »
It's about 650 miles to Max from Cincy.We usually go south to Lexington and then east to Charleston,WV and so on.You can go through Knoxville to Ashville but the interstate before Ash. is very curvey and narrow with lots of trucks.Since I tow I don't go that way.Might be ok if you're riding the bike.Hope this helps.
                                                               Tim

Offline t russell

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007, 08:41:59 PM »
the closest camp ground I know is 50 or miles from the track.Most camp at track I think theres a no fire rule at the air field.A grill should be ok.As of right now the trees are following the dogs

Offline revolutionary

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2007, 09:20:26 PM »
March was my first time attending and we camped at the track.  Actually we rolled in at 5AM Sat morning and slept in and on the truck.  Sat night I pitched a tent (no comments please) right in front of my truck.  After all the softies left for their hotel rooms we had a fun night of frolic with some other racers.  No problems with ants but I then try to avoid standing on ant hills. 
Breaking Wind #9614
  ECTA Record AA/BGALT 214.8
  SCTA Bonneville PB AA/BGALT 237.4
Breaking Wind "Spirit of Effluvium" #451
  SCTA Bonneville Record SC/BF100 48.931

biketoc

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2007, 09:27:09 PM »
I was hoping to sleep in a rented van with my bike. I have camping stuff if its to hot .is that ok?

Offline Rick Roberts

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2007, 10:33:25 PM »
biketoc There are a number of folks who camp at Maxton, in motor homes, campers, or tents. Yes it's ok to stay at the track no matter what the accommodations, Have fun, see you there.
ECTA 200 Club

Offline DKA

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2007, 07:59:40 PM »
I've camped in my van every time I've gone.  It's great with lots of racers hanging out to talk til late.  Most mornings have lots of dew, so I have rubber shoes to wear early. The caterer sets up early and has good coffee and breakfast. I bring water to drink as I'm not sure about what comes out of the hose.  I'll be in a white Plymouth Van close to the middle of everything. Come introduce yourself.
David Anderson
If it can be built, it can be raced.