Author Topic: Volunteering at Maxton  (Read 1656 times)

Offline Dan Stokes

Volunteering at Maxton
« on: May 02, 2007, 09:43:30 PM »
Anyone interested in volunteering at Maxton for the May 19-20 race?  Please contact me thru the ECTA website, or directly at <stokes_dan@yahoo.com>.  I'm the new Volunteer Coordinator, and I'm trying to bring a little more order to the process, even though we've managed to cover all the stations in the past.  Basically, we need help in staging, shutdown, parking/traffic flow, time slips, and perhaps at the gate and other areas as they come up.  Please indicate any preferences so I can try to schedule you where you would like to work.  If anyone has specific questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.

To all the "Old Hands" - as always, we are thankful for your help and look forward to whatever assistance you would like to provide.  We aren't asking  anyone to give up a position that they are used to working and like to do!  The idea is to get some folks to help make your lives easier, and to be sure that all stations are staffed.

We're working on Position Descriptions for each station, and so far Joe Roberts has drafted a good one for shutdown - I'll bring a copy for anyone interested.  If anyone has experience with any of the stations (HINT to Al on Starter and Starter Assistant!!), please send me a draft and I'll hone it if it needs honing.  The idea is to make all the jobs easy and quick to train, as much as possible - still no substitute for experience, of course.

See you at the track!
Dan
Wilmington, NC - by the sea

ECTA idiot, Bonneville volunteer