Author Topic: E Mirage Dry Lake Bed Rookie Meeting?  (Read 20318 times)

Offline 836dstr

Re: E Mirage Dry Lake Bed Rookie Meeting?
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2007, 12:02:30 PM »
I think they keep the road that way so that when you are heading East you have to slow down before you get to the 90 degree turn to the South.

A smooth road and a BIG sign would work just as well and wouldn't loosen all of the various types of sheet metal screws in your truck.

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2007, 12:13:23 PM »
Is he some kind of "POSER" ?
What could Rossi know and where does he think he is coming from ? :roll:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Super Kaz

« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2007, 02:48:58 PM »
Hey Kaz, I certainly hope you find your way to El Mirage this weekend..........but remember one BIG thing..........if your leathers are "Rossi leathers"
they are no legal for racing with SCTA........in fact if Rossi himself showed up this weekend to race his Yam. neither his bike....his helmet, or his leathers would  be legal.

bak189,
Didn't you hear the Story about Pablo the Boot repair guy in Wendover fixing my Leather's while I was getting My Rig Pulled out of the Mud? :?
I got the Kevlar crotch and underarms covered in CUSTOM BLACK LEATHER :roll:!They have passed tech in every SCTA Race I've been in for the Last couple of years :?!
So unless there's a New Rule about 100% Leather Custom Racing Suits I hope to still be fine?My Helmet's are The BEST ARAI Motorcycle Racing  Helmets made RX-7RR4's Both SNELL/DOT approved :?! So any other wonderful news you would like to Share with me and the Forum? :roll:I Thank you for your insight,but I hopes it's all for not. :wink:

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2007, 03:19:52 PM »
Those leathers sure are   GREEN 

Boy you scooter guys like attention   :wink:
Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...

bak189

« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2007, 03:22:24 PM »
Kaz, you look great hanging out on Scott Whitney's sidecar.......Boy, am I glad you got it "all together" for EL......does Rossi own a V-Rod?????????

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2007, 03:26:52 PM »
Kaz:

It's not all for not, it's all for naught.  If you don't believe me, ask the Limeys -- it's their phrase.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Super Kaz

« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2007, 05:20:02 PM »
Kaz:

It's not all for not, it's all for naught.  If you don't believe me, ask the Limeys -- it's their phrase.

Hey Sqaut Pee'er I Got that ADC's :oops:

I'M LUCKY I CAN SPELL MY OWN NAME :-P!+ I don't know how to do this spell check thingy?

as for The Scott Whitney's V-rod 'HOGWILD' OMG :-oHe Kicked my little butt hanging off that thing for a few minutes for the Camera 8-)!

Much Respect for The Sidehack Racer's no matter what brand of bike you own :wink:!

I Consider myself SUPER FIT,and in 10 minutes "it was 109 outside " in my Leather's just rippen around my neighborhood .:evil:!

I was arm-pumped like never before,and my QAUD'S were CRYIN  for My Mommy :cry:!

I got So Hot inside my LEATHER'S I almost passed out!

So I'll never Talk Crap about those guy's/gal's again :oops:!

did ya here about the one'When I was suppossed to be Tow while I was on one :lol:' I  did a front flip with a Half Twist before I had a chance to let go of the tow Rope!

I Got a Really Cool Scar from that one :mrgreen:,but she still set  a record :-D! :?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 05:45:41 PM by Super Kaz »

bak189

« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2007, 05:33:37 PM »
Those are guys and girls that ride passenger in sidecars........................back in the 1970's my wife Linda rode passenger in our roadracing outfit for many years.....it is not a easy job........and they are called co-riders or passengers NOT "monkeys".
She would "kick ass" if anyone called her a "monkey"............at 63 years old now.....she will still
"kick ass" to the term "monkey"

Super Kaz

« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2007, 05:37:39 PM »
Those are guys and girls that ride passenger in sidecars........................back in the 1970's my wife Linda rode passenger in our roadracing outfit for many years.....it is not a easy job........and they are called co-riders or passengers NOT "monkeys".
She would "kick ass" if anyone called her a "monkey"............at 63 years old now.....she will still
"kick ass" to the term "monkey"

Please Remind me Never Too Do So! :-o

If she could hold on to one of those all race Long I feel Sorry for You if you ever get her Mad :evil:!

It's Much,Much Harder then it Looks!!! 8-)

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2007, 06:00:41 PM »
You guys are going to love Kaz at the veterans gathering after he gets past this rookie deal. :-D
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Super Kaz

« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2007, 06:16:54 PM »
You guys are going to love Kaz at the veterans gathering after he gets past this rookie deal. :-D
Check You e-mail :cry:...............

Super Kaz

« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2007, 01:09:41 PM »
Check You e-mail :cry:...............

Well there seemed to be a LITTLE Miss-Communications on the Bike I was to ride.

I won't go into specifics,but it was Too Rich for My Blood and I'll leave it at that :wink:

So I will not be racing this weekend,but will drive out in the Morning to do my PM Duties shift. :cry:

Does anyone have a weather report on the Winds and Temperatures?

It got Very Cold and Windy here in Vegas and I'm wondering what the Temp's like out at El Mirage? :?

Hope the weather is Nice enough  so everyone else can race :oops:?

This Privateer stuff"un-sponsored HD Racer"  is getting way to EXPENSIVE :x!

I Hope to have my own Race Bike "HD V-rod'' finished and running by the next event or I don't know what to do?  :-(

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2007, 01:58:33 PM »
Go to the www.scta-bni.org web page, click on el mirage and that window will show the current weather in that area. :-o
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Super Kaz

« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2007, 02:09:39 PM »
Go to the www.scta-bni.org web page, click on el mirage and that window will show the current weather in that area. :-o

Glen ,

43mph winds yesterday ,and 30 degree Lows :-o!

Wow it gets cold there at night :mrgreen:!!!

That's what I wanted to know.

Thanks again,

Kaz.......... :wink:
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 02:15:17 PM by Super Kaz »