Author Topic: My LS bike build  (Read 86098 times)

Offline isiahstites

Re: My LS bike build
« Reply #195 on: September 26, 2007, 11:59:40 PM »
I have also only been to speed week, although many times.  I hear that the finals can be pretty cold.  We'll see.  Good luck at mirage.

Are you going to make an El Mirage meet this year?

Scott

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #196 on: September 27, 2007, 12:04:55 AM »
If everything goes well at Bville we will go to the Nov. meet.  Maybe we can break into the 240's?

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #197 on: September 27, 2007, 12:18:17 AM »
.....................I hear that the finals can be pretty cold.  We'll see...........

You California guys  :roll: are almost as bad as the guys from Phoenix  :wink: ,

Sum

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #198 on: September 27, 2007, 01:11:12 AM »
.....................I hear that the finals can be pretty cold.  We'll see...........

You California guys  :roll: are almost as bad as the guys from Phoenix  :wink: ,

Sum

He meant cool Sumner.......and it's not are fault the weather is good 90% of the time here.

Scott

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #199 on: September 27, 2007, 01:40:22 AM »
No I meant cold.  Not for me, but for the fluids in the car.  We added some shut off valves as safety features for draining all of our water containers in the car.  sorry Scott I think I just hi-jacked your thread.  Troy

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #200 on: September 27, 2007, 08:47:18 AM »
No I meant cold.  Not for me, but for the fluids in the car.  We added some shut off valves as safety features for draining all of our water containers in the car.  sorry Scott I think I just hi-jacked your thread.  Troy

I know you meant cold, I was just trying to stick up for us Californians............no worries on hi-jacking the bike is done. All that is left is to post some results..........

Scott

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #201 on: September 27, 2007, 10:33:12 AM »

I know you meant cold, I was just trying to stick up for us Californians............no worries on hi-jacking the bike is done. All that is left is to post some results..........

Scott

I know you trin to stick up for us cali boys.  I was trin to be sarcastic to Sumner.  Good luck at Mirage.

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #202 on: October 04, 2007, 01:24:20 AM »
Got the bike on the dyno for a short time today. We made a real soft first run just to make sure everything was good with the drivetrain and the new motor. All went well and it was clear the bike was on the rich side of things on the main jet. We didn't make any changes as it was more of a shakedown pass then anything. We made two more passes and had some problems with the sniffer/gas analyzer so I couldn't make any changes and then be able to see the affect they had.

So all in all I am happy as I found out that all of the motor/trans work I did held together on the dyno. Checked the hp on the last two passes and both were 110 rwhp @ 7000 rpm with a great power curve that had no dips or spikes in it at all and created power nice and steady all the way to the rev limiter. I have the rev limiter set at 7000 rpm, but may play with it after some research on what will be a safe rpm to rev to without blowing the motor.

We fill that once back on the dyno after it is repaired and some jetting changes, playing with timing a bit and maybe the rev limter we may be able to pull another 10-15 + horse out of the motor.

So for just setting up the motor in my garage by sound and throttle response I am happy to this point with the 110 horse out of the little 82 cubic inch motor.

Scott

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #203 on: October 07, 2007, 07:39:26 PM »
Ok, I finally got some video of the bike today. I bled the brake today so I thought I would take it out for it's first run.

Video one is 1:37 long and you can really hear how good the bike sounds and video two is 1:50 long and was added because it was kinda hard to see the bike with all the cars parked along the street.

I have'nt done much work to the bike lately as I have kinda been taken a break, however it is almost 100% race ready. I still have to do some small minor stuff to finish along with saftey wiring the bike.

Scott

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWAvkV3TyHM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqdzIWy6MFU

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #204 on: October 07, 2007, 11:08:04 PM »
Scott.

Looks great and awesome to see the build in prgress...nice helmet.

J

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #205 on: October 07, 2007, 11:15:06 PM »
Hope the neighbors are friendly!

Pete

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #206 on: October 08, 2007, 12:14:38 AM »
Scott.

Looks great and awesome to see the build in prgress...nice helmet.

J

Thanks John.....I will wear the helmet at El Mirage.

Hope the neighbors are friendly!

Pete

They can't speak english and I gave them some extra tools I had before I ran to keep them quiet.

Scott

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #207 on: October 08, 2007, 12:25:16 AM »
In their part of your country, they tend to keep their heads down.
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #208 on: October 08, 2007, 12:59:12 AM »
Nice sounding ride.  I was hoping to see a little tire smoke and a wheelie.

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #209 on: October 08, 2007, 10:28:37 PM »
Nice sounding ride.  I was hoping to see a little tire smoke and a wheelie.

No wheelie here.......althought the front end did light a few times.