Author Topic: Hello  (Read 14257 times)

biketoc

Hello
« on: April 13, 2007, 07:35:15 PM »
Hello
I am new to land racing ,but not new to racing.
I live in Baltimore Maryland. I wish to try a shot at the 50-100cc land speed record. I am sending for a rule book and membership
soon. I am very sorry about missing the March /April meet. I had a wire come off my oil pump and damage my engine .
but now it will be better than before. :-D

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 10:25:25 PM »
That is a scenario that sounds just like LSR, and the correct reply... :wink: Welcome to our world, you have my condolences in advance...  :roll:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2007, 03:09:41 AM »
Welcome the best Web-forum for land speed racing, what record are you going for, streamliner, or sit on, Production, Modified, Altered??

Good luck either way and aagain welcome and please introduce yourself and the machine.

John

biketoc

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2007, 07:45:28 AM »
Welcome the best Web-forum for land speed racing, what record are you going for, streamliner, or sit on, Production, Modified, Altered??

Good luck either way and again welcome and please introduce yourself and the machine.

John
Hello I think the sticker will read   MPG/50cc/2 it is a scooter but don't laugh  it is an Aprilia  sr 50
I have one all motor with a 7mm over bore and now because of the oil pump issue I have a new crankshaft
balanced to 16000 rpm .I was hitting 55+on flat ground. new crank and port and polish work should up that.I do not intend to set any records with that one. first I need to figure out how to get to Maxton and Bonneville with a camper arrangement and I need to get my rule book .the one I am going  to build will have a different engine and a carburetor w NO2 I think that class will be MPF/70cc because of the nitrus and a modified seat to get me behind the fairing. it may fall into partial streemliner .My ultimate goal is fun first and 75 MPH two directions at Bonneville.
P.S. Are you the John Noonan of the magazine add with the fastest street bike?

Super Kaz

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2007, 08:07:45 AM »
Ya That's THE WORLDS FASTEST Convention Motorcycle Racer I know of?????? :mrgreen:He's pretty Dang SMART TOO :wink:!Good Luck and Welcome to the board! 8-)John you can just mail me the check :-P

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2007, 03:10:30 PM »
Street Bike, John I thought you had the worlds fastest dirt bike....
Keep the check for me, apply it to my next piston purchase...  :-D  :-)  :-D
Aren't those landspeed racing guys a friendly bunch.
Stainless

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2007, 08:55:37 PM »
Noonan is the bald guy in the center... man that dude in the green leathers looks like he is in the process of taking a dump in his leathers :-D
kent

Offline Speed Limit 1000

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2007, 12:08:04 AM »
Noonan is the bald guy in the center... man that dude in the green leathers looks like he is in the process of taking a dump in his leathers :-D
kent
I think that photo was taken after his trip to the lake at Bonneville. :evil:And everyone knows that Noonan is the good looking one. :-P John you can also apply my check to our next order. :-D
John Gowetski, red hat @ 221.183 MPH MSA Lakester, Bockscar #1000 60 ci normally aspirated w/N20

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2007, 02:34:49 AM »
kent

Go easy on the guy with the altered posture, he is in the SDRC with you.
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Super Kaz

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2007, 08:17:48 AM »
kent

Go easy on the guy with the altered posture, he is in the SDRC with you.
JackD,
Thanks Big Daddy!Tell them I'm your Greenhorn! :wink:Believe me if you had wear my Leather's after Pablo the shoe repair man in Wendover fixed them you'd be standing funny too :oops:!
See ya all soon,
Kaz................

www.superkazracing.com

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2007, 12:51:57 PM »
S-kaz -

Cute starter nipple ring.  When're you going for the bigger stuff/other locations?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2007, 12:56:52 PM »
I guess that is a good spot to hook your dead man kill lanyard, but wouldn't a ring on your glove been easier...  :-P
Stainless

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2007, 01:11:36 PM »
SSS is interested because he wants to hook up with somebody that gets a volume discount.
Every little bit helps. :wink:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline OhioFatboy

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2007, 01:50:33 PM »
hey Kaz what does the picture of your nipple have to do with anything on this thread i mean honestly who cares to see your nipple :?

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2007, 01:52:41 PM »
2nd that!