Author Topic: Street Roadster fender question  (Read 2190 times)

Offline 836dstr

Street Roadster fender question
« on: April 01, 2007, 11:03:08 PM »
Well, I got the 2007 SCTA/BNI Rule Book.

I have a "27 T" STR with cosmetically alterted bobbed rear fenders. I took a fender splash and made a mold to make fender extensions. The rule book states that the bobbed fenders must have the original radius at the outside corner of the fender.

Does anyone know what this radius is? I have the fender add-ons ready to glass to the fenders but want to trim the corners according to "Henry"?

Any help would be appreciated. How will the SCTA inspectors verify this dimension? Hey Dan W. & J.D. any input?

Tom

Offline jimmy six

Re: Street Roadster fender question
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2007, 11:31:18 PM »
My advice would be to find one and take a template off it. A car museum would be a place to start. Contact a "T" owners club or association.

I believe it's the competitors responsibility for the dimensions. If protested it will be their, the owners, responsibility to prove their car is correct. 

I would also take a picture and put it in your log book. If what you do to your radius fenders looks like a photo of a stock ones, I believe that would meet the intent of the rules as they are intended. Dan?

Good luck.....   
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

dwarner

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 09:01:38 AM »
I go with JD on this one.

DW

Offline 836dstr

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 12:46:21 PM »
Thanks Guys!

I was thinking along those lines. I was up at the Goodguys Meet at Del Mar on Friday and saw a couple of full fendered "T's". I wish I would have thought to take some cardboard and taken a tracing.

The idea of taking a picture of the source for a template is an excellent idea. I'll take before and after pictures also. My nephew has a stock '27 Coupe and I would imagine that the radius would be the same.

I have fender extensions glassed-up and cut to fit. Just need to glass them to the fenders, grind,sand prime and paint.

Tom