Author Topic: 2007 AMA Rules for BUB  (Read 4896 times)

bak189

2007 AMA Rules for BUB
« on: March 27, 2007, 11:56:18 PM »
The AMA 2007 Rules for the BUB Speed Trials are posted on BUB'S Web-site.

Offline Dean Los Angeles

Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: 2007 AMA Rules for BUB
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 12:25:00 PM »
I am continuing to be amazed by the FIM.  I got the notification from Bub's that the FIM's latest revision and updated record list is available, so I went to the Bub's site and clicked on it -- and it led me to the nearly-incomprehensible FIM site where I clicked on "latest records" and promptly got -- the 2005 version.  Then I went back and looked closely and saw that the 2007 record update is "under construction".  Then why'd they say the new stuff is available?

It's just another impediment to racing the bikes at Bub's.  I was really going to try -- might still -- but dang, they've gotta try looking at all this from the point of view of a new competitor who is not familiar with all the stuff.  Unlike newbies for SCTA/BNI and ECTA, where help is easily available and lots of folks chime in with definitions and stuff -- here I feel like they're trying to keep first-timers out.  I'm sure not going to pay a bunch of fees only to arrive at the Salt and discover that I couldn't interpret their translation correctly and therefore can't run because my fasteners are Whitworth -- or something like that.

Grumble, grouch, piss-and-moan.  End of rant 14b.  More next time, I'm afraid.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

bak189

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2007, 12:56:42 PM »
Poor....poor...Slim, welcome to the rules and regulations of international racing..................
Hey, at least the AMA rules and regs. are up-to-date..................look how long it took to get the
2006 AMA rules up......maybe FIM will get it together in 2008, we can only hope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Dakin Engineering

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2007, 07:06:51 PM »
I know they had to change a few words to keep from plagerizing the SCTA book, but did they have to use a advertising school drop-out?

Slim, I recommend thinking up two logical answers to each rule question and eliminating them. Lord knows what they will come up with, but if you close one eye and tilt your head, you'll see how their answer fits the rule.

Sam
Turbo Sportsters since '97

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2007, 08:19:40 PM »
The dumbing down of the supporting event serves the promoter the best and is a disservice to the racer.  :x
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

bak189

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2007, 08:34:30 PM »
"Plagiarizing" of the SCTA/BNI rule book??????
What about the USFRA, ECTA, DLRA....where did they get their M/C rules??????????????

P.S. Not a perfect copy.....AMA let's passengers ride in the sidecars

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2007, 01:38:55 AM »
Gary, I will take you for a ride "on" my bike....three wheels and all... :wink:

J

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2007, 04:00:36 AM »
"Plagiarizing" of the SCTA/BNI rule book??????
What about the USFRA, ECTA, DLRA....where did they get their M/C rules??????????????

P.S. Not a perfect copy.....AMA let's passengers ride in the sidecars

I think you have forgotten how and where the AMA rulebook read before SCTA went on it's own.
The fact that it has evolved into such a mess is a product of the lack of related experience and or caring on both sides.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 09:12:28 AM by JackD »
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

dwarner

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2007, 08:23:24 AM »
I believe that when the USFRA, ECTA and DRLA were formed they had the idea to match SCTA-BNI rules in the spirit of conformity and universal competition. Rule book permissions were granted, not stolen.

DW

Super Kaz

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2007, 10:31:45 AM »
Gary, I will take you for a ride "on" my bike....three wheels and all... :wink:

J
DON'T DO IT I GOT THE SCARS TO PROVE IT :-o!!Oh I forgot that was from"Helping Him" being Pulled/I mean Towed to the Starting Line :roll:!Good Thing He's Likes me I could have been injured  :|? Next Time I'm wearing my Leathers instead of my Bathing Suit when I'm his Pit Beotch.
What ever you do with John ask him to EXPLAIN it better so you know what to expect :mrgreen:! That Guy gas a Strong RIGHT/WRIST & Foot!
See You Soon Sin Sa :-D
Your Green Grasshopper!!!!!!!!