Author Topic: Harley Servicar, what class  (Read 10196 times)

bak189

Re: Harley Servicar, what class
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2007, 08:23:28 PM »
Yes, Jack is right (like always) there was a Trike class.........., just like we had to have 3 to make a new class........just like we used to have  A- sidecars and M-sidecars..........and passengers in the sidecars...........gone all gone........must be due to insurance!!!!!!!!!!

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2007, 08:29:03 PM »
Yes, Jack is right (like always) there was a Trike class.........., just like we had to have 3 to make a new class........just like we used to have  A- sidecars and M-sidecars..........and passengers in the sidecars...........gone all gone........must be due to insurance!!!!!!!!!!

Well Bob is pretty close.
It was done to insure that the rulers made their mark as opposed to the participants to participate in the rules.
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2007, 01:41:08 PM »

The only advantage would be extra traction, but I doubt that would offset the extra air drag.  [/quote]

Extra traction, yes, if he fill up the service box with a ice block :wink:
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2007, 02:00:31 PM »
The bike motored car would be the exception or the new rule ? :wink:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline orange-appeal

• New folks
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2007, 10:14:09 AM »
Hello, new guy here, this thread is just what I was about to ask. If I have a vehicle and id doesn't fall in a class why cant I run it ?

I have a home built motorcycle trike. Its is a motorcycle but has 2 driving rear wheels, basicly just like that of the HD servicar.....

It is a 2000 Kawasaki ZRX 1100 that I built a rear axle for as I'm in a wheelchair and paralyzed.

By all words it a motorcycle, all but it has the 2 rear wheels. What ever the class or if it fits in no class the salt flats is one of the things I still haven't done.

Since the crash the put me in the wheelchair I have set out to do the things I didn't get to do before, I have took it out on a road coarse, drag strip, mountain roads and many street miles, even a few magazines.
Well as with many people the salt flats are part of that list of must do's.

If I make it comply with all the safety rules how can I do this ? I have sent a e-mail to Ellen Wilkinson and my e-mail and trike photo has been sent to an inspector to see..

I just want to run !

dwarner

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2007, 10:30:07 AM »
Take it to the World of Speed next Sept.

Run it on the 130 course and you will not have to meet any class regs. The entry is lower and the satisfaction of saying you ran on the salt is the same.

DW

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2007, 11:53:44 AM »
I followed your build thread on CW............great Job! Have you decided to keep the trike now?

Scott

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2007, 03:13:05 PM »
You could also probably run it for USFRA 150 club.  Now if you built a sidecar rig, 3 wheels, 2 in the same track, you would fit easily in a class...
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline orange-appeal

• New folks
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2007, 07:36:56 PM »
Side cars suck.............  :-P

isiahstites.............. I have parted out most of it and still try'n to sell the rear axle. I got a new frame and will build a lighter ridged rear end and add more power !

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2007, 03:27:53 PM »
Not that it will happen but, I can see it now for 3-wheels. 50 thru 3000 cc's, gas and fuel, blown and unblown, partial streamline and non partial streamlin, A & M frame, production, pushrod, etc. Maybe some one will add a side car to one too...... Good Luck....
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline vintagemxr

• Old Fahrt
  • New folks
    • Photographs: Cars. Bikes, Airplanes, and People
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2007, 07:11:55 PM »
Not trying to stir the pot or anything but someone's bound to show up with one of these new Can-Am Spyders.  Interesting vehicle and that 990cc Rotax will put out a bunch of horsepower with not much effort.

I've not ridden the Can-Am yet but I'm thinking I'd rather go fast on that than a hot rodded ServiCar.  :-D

As a life long observer of LSR stuff the variety of vehicles is a good chunk of what makes LSR so extremely interesting.

Doug
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"