Author Topic: Enterprise AL Tornado  (Read 3236 times)

Offline Dan Stokes

Enterprise AL Tornado
« on: March 01, 2007, 10:56:34 PM »
Hi All -
I just heard on the news that Enterprise was hit with a major tornado today, resulting in major damage and significant loss of life.  As I understand it, Keith and Tonya are still in Australia and so should be OK.  I was just wondering if their property is OK - I sure hope so.  Anyone have any info? 

We send all our best from NC to all the residents of Enterprise

Dan & Mary Ellen
Wilmington, NC - by the sea

ECTA idiot, Bonneville volunteer

LittleLiner

Re: Enterprise AL Tornado
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 12:41:39 PM »
Chatter on the ECTA yahoo user group indicates the the Turk's property and family are all ok.  Might have been some minor roof damage at the house.    Lucky for them.

The news coverage of the local high school is really grim.

Offline Dan Stokes

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 05:33:06 PM »
Thanks for the news.  Now let's all send positive energy/prayers (depending on one's belief system) to the rest of the folks affected by the tornado.

See you at Maxton    Dan
Wilmington, NC - by the sea

ECTA idiot, Bonneville volunteer

Offline KeithTurk

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 08:19:43 PM »
Thanks for thinking of us guys.... the town looks like a war zone... even this much later they are still tearing down houses... we lost around 200 houses totally and another 200 that were significantly damaged.... my house only got roof damage... nothing fancy and my pal's came by and tarped it up before the rains came....

My Dad and Tonya's mom live within sight of the High School... and it was totaled.... as were many other places...  the thing stayed on the ground for 8 miles and left a path 1/4 mile wide... I'm astounded so few people died.... It's obviously sad for the folks involved... but this should have been MUCH worse...  Fema and the rest have been awesome... truly incredible groups of volunteers helping out too.... so Life is Good
Keith Turk
 D Gas Modified Sports
 246.555 mph

Offline GH

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2007, 09:23:38 AM »
Keith, if you are ever in Missouri, I'll show you the storm shelter I built out of steel plate and anchored it in the basement floor, we live in tornado alley. Sorry I will not see at the Hot Rod Top Speed Challenge this year. Give the west coast geek ( Scott Clark ) a hard time. Cya

Offline Rick Roberts

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2007, 08:54:20 PM »
Keith and Tonya, I'm glad you didn't get too much damage. We were worried because we knew you were not home when the storm happened. See you next week at the season opener.
ECTA 200 Club