Author Topic: Viedo camera vision:  (Read 11680 times)

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
Re: Video camera vision:
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2007, 11:21:58 AM »
Invent ?
If Marcia and Wendy were not the first somebody else would be.
Now they will be the first forever.
Marcia and Wendy were so far first, the "GOOD OL BOYS" made rules that eliminate the possibility of another to try and exceed them.
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: Viedo camera vision:
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2007, 11:27:23 AM »
Jack, I should have known better than to try to do an end-run around your logic and way of expressing yourself.  Let me simply state:  Hunh?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline pookie

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2007, 11:29:30 AM »
Costella,couldn't  see "jack____" when salt conditions were bad with the prisim system,thats why he redesigned the canopy on NBT III.  and got rid of it. I don't think a camera type system will work in a streamliner  with suspension either, the salt conditions are to rough.

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2007, 11:41:17 AM »
Slim needs to spend some time at the foot of an elder.
Do we have anybody willing to help him along ? :wink:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2007, 01:36:26 PM »
Which foot you wanna see first, Jack?  No matter how many times you say it -- I still would rather you come out and say it in plain English.  Hey, maybe I even know what you're talking about -- just can't understand your hazy references to unclear points of arcane data lodged in the dim recesses.  Can you say it clearly?  We already know you like to attempt being clever -- sometimes it gets in the way of the message.  Sorry if my expressed frustration sounds like I'm being disrespectful, but I don't understand what you're trying to say.  Maybe it's best this way.

Pookie:  You might be right about rough conditions making a video system not workable.  But you may not be right, either.  The only way to determine for sure -- is to try it.  Jack C. tried and abandoned his idea -- maybe this one would have to be thrown out, too.  We'll never know for sure 'til we try.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2007, 03:46:31 PM »
Jon, wait to Jack does a spell check on this. it" video not viedo, go get him Jack maybe he missed a comma this time. :evil:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2007, 04:25:37 PM »
He didn't catch where it was spelled right and then returned to it's former glory.
Holding hands while the work is done for you is only rarely useful, it is better have someone point the way and be available to help as required.
Where do you start ?

Offline RichFox

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2007, 07:36:01 PM »
Jack said he couldn't focus because of vibration due to the lack of suspension, not because of any defect in the prisim. Sitting up more and getting his head off the floor is the reason for changing the car. As I understand it.

Offline sockjohn

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2007, 10:40:29 PM »
I think one of the problems with the HPV was that the lack of peripheral vision was problematic, but this may be related to balance and keeping a two wheeled vehicle upright. 

Lower A does not automatically equate to lower overall drag.  It should though, and it should be relatively easy to keep the Cd the same or even lower by losing the canopy. 

Take a look at the small canopy on something like the Buddfab streamliner, how much smaller do you want it?

Offline Freud

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2007, 11:36:37 PM »
Portland Charles Markley ran over 270 MPH with a periscope in his lakester and now he wears a red hat.
FREUD
Since '63

Offline sockjohn

« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2007, 07:00:26 PM »
Portland Charles Markley ran over 270 MPH with a periscope in his lakester and now he wears a red hat.
FREUD

Have a car number on this?  I tried to find a photo of this out of curiosity, and came up empty.

This was a belly tank, correct?

Super Kaz

« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2007, 07:07:13 PM »
He didn't catch where it was spelled right and then returned to it's former glory.
Holding hands while the work is done for you is only rarely useful, it is better have someone point the way and be available to help as required.
Where do you start ?

Well if you need a Test Rider I'm available and inexpensive :wink:!I can't spell worth a crap,but I look real good in my Leather's :evil:! How do I apprentice :-o? O'WISE ONE 8-)? I Just want to RACE!!!!!! :-(

Offline Freud

« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2007, 12:07:27 PM »
SOCKJOHN   It's car 366. in 2006 he ran in C/FL.
Since '63

Offline sockjohn

« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2007, 06:02:22 PM »
SOCKJOHN   It's car 366. in 2006 he ran in C/FL.

Thanks Freud, and thanks to Sumner for the great site!

Interesting that it looks like they have side (and forward) vision through plexiglass as well as the periscope.

http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/bville-cars-2/366-2006.html