Author Topic: gloves and tech  (Read 3181 times)

Offline bbb

• Aerodynamically Challenged
  • JorNic Motorsports
    • JorNic Motorsports, Charlottesville, Va.
gloves and tech
« on: February 21, 2007, 02:28:16 PM »
will these pas tech? yes or no. if not, will covering the perforations with something as simple as ductt ape work?

Offline bbb

• Aerodynamically Challenged
  • JorNic Motorsports
    • JorNic Motorsports, Charlottesville, Va.
Re: gloves and tech
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 02:31:34 PM »
helps if I insert the photo...

Offline Freud

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 01:03:32 AM »
It's a good safety feature to duct tape the glove to the sleeve. When Eric Ritter stepped off at 160 MPH the only abrasions on him were where the glove rolled up and he had two dime sized abrasions on his inner wrists.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 03:20:51 AM »
If you still have your gloves on and you haven't broken your wrists while trying to break your fall , the natural tendency is to put the palms of your hands down to stabilize your self.
That calls for some additional measures to prevent wear through and heat transfer that both affect your handshake for a while.
These are not meant to be comfortable for a long tour but help on the long ride home. 
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2007, 08:49:43 AM »
Thanks for the reminder, Freud.  My gloves are "gauntlet" style and have velcro straps to close 'em snug over the wrist.  BUT -- the velcro is getting a bit old, and it's not that uncommon for me to finish a run with one or the other of the straps flapping in the breeze because the stuff doesn't hold as well as it did when new.

As for the duct tape -- I never thought of the situation you describe.  I think maybe I'll give it a try.  It is a long ride home, Jack, and it'd be a bitch to have to ask Nancy to fill the fuel tank every time on the way home because I couldn't hold the nozzle (why does this sound dirty?).
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2007, 10:33:39 AM »
It sounds dirty because Nancy would be throwing dirt at you if you hurt your hands and were unable to perform simple things like gas up and personnel hygiene.
That is when you know who your real friends are.
More palm protection that crashes with you until you stop is good. 
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"