Author Topic: E Bay auction  (Read 3786 times)

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
Re: E Bay auction
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 09:36:38 PM »
There was about a 12 inch gap between buildings on Midway Drive in San Diego.
In the gap sorta out of sight was a complete homeless franchise kit like that for working one of the busiest intersections in town.
The code of honor between competing businesses was amazing and the each worked a different traffic segment.
There even was a Women and kid that worked as a subcontractor for the highest bidder and got a percentage.
It is fun to watch them change out of their work cloths after their shift.
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline desotoman

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2007, 10:35:01 PM »
Here in the San Fernando Valley, we have a couple (don't know if they are married) that works different intersections he works one side she works the other. Then there is the guy who plays his flute on the Tampa off ramp of the 118. (I saw his daughter or girlfriend drop him off one day driving a mercedes) Then there is actually a homeless person who works the off ramp just off the 134, I asked him one day how much he made, he told me he made between $60 and $100. I said where do you sleep, and he pointed back along the freeway. The local gas station always has one if not two asking for money. The local 7-11 is usually good for one also. Seems like there is not a day that goes by without some stranger asking you for money.

I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2007, 11:31:52 PM »
Before you guys jump out and into your own business be sure you understand that "Pan Handling" is a crime.
It is punishable by a ride with a cop into another beat so he won't see you again for a few days.
That is only if somebody complains or you are fighting with the competition for a spot.
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."

Offline 1212FBGS

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2007, 01:03:13 PM »
i think i'n gonna buy one and start my second buisiness

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2007, 01:37:50 PM »
Kent
It is best you manage a crew because you look too well fed to make any real money.
Model it after the kids that look so needy and sell the candy from door to door.
You know they have an area and a schedule with a ride.
With all the traffic in north County, I see room for expansion.

Offline JGMagoo

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2007, 12:20:57 AM »
A great secret that I've discovered in 'working a corner' is to have a pair of crutches (or at least one anyway).

The initial investment isn't too high and you can just throw 'em in the back of the dualie for the ride home!

I wouldn't normaly share this with anybody, but since we're friends....
Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Offline 1212FBGS

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2007, 01:33:41 AM »
oh man.. i got crutches collecting dust in the garage from when my kid played football.... they cost me a bundle back then..... what a great idea to increase gross income..... i might be able to retire after all...
kent

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2007, 01:52:13 AM »
Cruse the bus stop by the hospital.
There is always somebody just sitting there with crutches.