Author Topic: OK, how do I qualify for Altered?  (Read 7707 times)

Offline tortoise

Re: OK, how do I qualify for Altered?
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2007, 09:57:52 AM »
Did you miss the first paragraph?
Modified Production
This class includes all on road, on-off road, and off road only models and limited production models (less than 500).

Special Construction
The special construction class is intended for purpose built race bikes. This class includes factory produced road racing or any other racing "works" models.

In the displacement I'm looking at, the A record is 18 mph slower than the production record. If I put a rearset (less than 6" from rear axle) and a set of clubman bars on an otherwise stock bike, am I legal as special construction or not?

Offline panchop

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2007, 10:06:40 AM »
so me and my garage special project will be in a class with lowered turboed R1s with stretched arms. LOL well that will be interesting.. :lol:

Offline firemanjim

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2007, 11:51:42 AM »
Let's not forget the silly "engine case" rule that bumps you into altered from modified if you run S&S(or any aftermarket cases)--
Bonneville 2001,2002,2003,2004,and NO stinking 2005,DLRA 2006, next?
Well,sure can't complain about 2008--6 records over 200 and 5 hats from Bonneville,Bubs, and El Mirage for the team!

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2007, 12:48:05 PM »
Let's not forget the silly "engine case" rule that bumps you into altered from modified if you run S&S(or any aftermarket cases)--

Unless you have a Big Dog chopper or a number of other HD clone street bikes with S+S motors then you can run in production, modified, or throw the paperwork away and run A.
With the gas, fuel, blower, and fairings options you can play dodge the competition for a long time.
I think they would make a good rental.
The maximum speed governor would guarantee the longevity of the class and you could keep the fleet fresh with the sale of the value added used record holders.
We could package it with a "Modern Hero" photo package that featured a tech tard with his hand in your pocket.
We could call it "RENT A SLED".
How can it get any better ?

"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline John Nimphius

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2007, 01:23:59 PM »
The awful truth is this is awful truth!  Somebody should be embarrassed.  I am.

Offline bbb

• Aerodynamically Challenged
  • JorNic Motorsports
    • JorNic Motorsports, Charlottesville, Va.
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2007, 05:12:16 PM »
Bryan, maybe you missed Dan (and other's) comments about the rulebook, so:

2006 rulebooks sold out last year.  No more are available.  I already gave away my spare copy -- and keep one copy each year for my "archives".

I'm aware. I sent my money for membership (brand new never registered memebr) last January, check was cashed in february and I never received a thing. nothing. nada. no new guy stuff, no rule book. it was discussed spring last year.
moving on from that, i'm waiting to send in my membership stuff until April to see if the number I want becomes available. i've had that email discussion with the gentleman who oversees that process.

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2007, 05:41:29 PM »
Chuck K. is a true gentlemen and you can count on his word.
There are still a few of them around.
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"