Author Topic: Rent a Ride ?????  (Read 34475 times)

Offline Bob Drury

Re: Rent a Ride ?????
« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2007, 02:13:55 PM »
Evil, my personal view as far as lawsuits go are speaking of the rentee suing the rentor.  A car owner isn't very likely going to sue himself, but the family of the rentee sure might.  As far as suing the SCTA, while their insurance might cover any and all costs incrued by their workers at a event, who covers the costs and inconvienience to each and everyone of those people for depositions, court appearances, etc.  This is all hypothetical of course, but its something we should all be aware of.
Bob Drury

Offline desotoman

« Reply #61 on: February 16, 2007, 07:26:41 PM »
Ebay is a binding contract between bidder and seller. Your winning bidder could be a guy like this.  :cry:

http://www.hotrodsandclassics.ca/FunnyVideos/Videos/shoebox3.WMV

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #62 on: February 16, 2007, 07:49:41 PM »
The track was Fremont and it is now a mud flat.
Gone but not forgotten.
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #63 on: February 16, 2007, 08:32:53 PM »
Jon,  That is one of the reasons I think a car or bike should not be able to bump its own record for a hat for a period of time.--at least 2 or more seasons!!!!would protect the INTEGRITY of the hat more than minimums..
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #64 on: February 16, 2007, 08:51:35 PM »
The skill to set the proper minimum deserves the best consideration.
The skill to beat it deserves a suitable reward.
The credibility of one demands and should be in concert with the other.
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2007, 12:41:49 AM »
"Rent a Ride" most likely just another way to get a TAX Shelter in a non revenue sport--much like several more on the salt---foundation, musems, reading programs--ect ect
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline KeithTurk

• Global Moderator
« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2007, 07:34:49 AM »
So if renting a ride is my business and I'm incorporated to protect me against liability then I can write off the entire expense of my racing program in a sport that offers no income.

Hmmm  ... And they say innovation is dead... LOL

Now for the folks who can't afford to rent a ride... my question would be WHY not?  shoot it costs way more to do it then it costs to run it one time...  and you get to walk away clean without having to wash salt off everything...

I'm thinking disco Eddy has us allllll outsmarted...

K
Keith Turk
 D Gas Modified Sports
 246.555 mph

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #67 on: February 17, 2007, 08:47:00 AM »
KT
Not all.  LOL
One of the things the IRS will be looking for is did the business attempt to show a profit as a stand alone or contribute to an existing business via the exposure and they would be credited with the expense and tax consideration ?

Offline Freud

« Reply #68 on: February 22, 2007, 02:40:51 PM »
Any business has a grace period in which it does not have to show a profit.

Even 2 years as a tax dodge could amount to a considerable tax credit in this sport?

FREUD
Since '63