Author Topic: .020 over bore rule  (Read 10100 times)

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
Re: .020 over bore rule
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2007, 02:09:01 PM »
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

Offline KeithTurk

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2007, 05:59:29 AM »
We went thru a Huge nut roll over this rule last year... the ECTA didn't have the .020 rule...

Our stated mission is to provide a venue on the East coast that Bonneville racers can enjoy to test and tune for the Salt.  Obviously if your legal to run on the salt with the .020 rule that bike should be equally legal with the ECTA in the same class.

Our bike guys HATE this rule.... but it is what it is and they had thier say... end of story.

K ( not all of our bike guys hate it... we have one guy who now can test and tune his bike with us, run legally in a class he wasn't legal in before )

Keith Turk
 D Gas Modified Sports
 246.555 mph

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2007, 09:37:45 AM »
We went thru a Huge nut roll over this rule last year... the ECTA didn't have the .020 rule...

Our stated mission is to provide a venue on the East coast that Bonneville racers can enjoy to test and tune for the Salt.  Obviously if your legal to run on the salt with the .020 rule that bike should be equally legal with the ECTA in the same class.

Our bike guys HATE this rule.... but it is what it is and they had their say... end of story.

K ( not all of our bike guys hate it... we have one guy who now can test and tune his bike with us, run legally in a class he wasn't legal in before )

A large percentage of the Bonneville bikers hate it too but their rulers won't listen and you are kinda stuck with it for now I guess.
Rational will overcome personnel reward but it is going to take time to repair the damage.
If you want to hear a scream, suggest the speed might be factored by the same % as the allowed overbore.
That will make them sit up and think.
There I go, tipping my hand. LOL
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"