Author Topic: Legend of the Motorcycle Show  (Read 7653 times)

Offline Rico

• New folks
Legend of the Motorcycle Show
« on: February 03, 2007, 02:53:18 PM »
I was talking to one of the organizers of the Legend Show that takes place in Half Moon Bay CA. and he mentioned that he was hoping to attract Dennis Manning and Max Lambky to the event. I know Dennis is probably still busy with the IMS show but wanted to toss this out here anyway.
The Legend Show is May 5th and the entry deadline has already passed but Jared asked me to see if I could help.

The Ack Attack is slated to be there but there is an El Mirage event that will prevent the Buddfab streamliner from going.

If Max, Dennis or any of their crew pick this up and would like to show let me know and I'll pass along Jared's email address.

Here is the show's link:
<http://www.LegendoftheMotorcycle.com>

Thanks,
Rick Y

bak189

Re: Legend of the Motorcycle Show
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2007, 10:18:04 PM »
Hey Rick......go to the BUB web-site and send him a E-Mail.....very easy......Right

Offline Rico

• New folks
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 12:38:24 AM »
Hey Rick......go to the BUB web-site and send him a E-Mail.....very easy......Right

Thanks, I thought about that but figured it would go through various channels and perhaps never reach Dennis. I'm pretty sure he is still towing the Bub 7 around to the IMS Shows. He told me he was doing it himself at the San Mateo Show. IMS runs until the end of the month so I was hoping someone from his crew might pick this up and relay it to him.
No worries either way. I was just trying to do Jared of the Legends Show, a favor.

Rick

bak189

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2007, 11:18:33 AM »
Denis may be on the road.......but he is getting his E-Mails..................

Offline TouringComet

• Max Lambky's Vincent powered streamliner
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2007, 05:34:32 PM »
Max is a member of this board.  I'll send him an email to make sure he sees this thread.

Offline wolbrink471

• Wolbrink Race
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2007, 08:21:26 AM »
we are looking forward to driving down to the Chicago IMS event this weekend.

I understand the #7 streamliner will be there, but does anybody on this forum know if Denis Manning is also going to attend the Chicago event?

it really IS pretty #$X&! cold here!

Mark
« Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 08:26:09 AM by wolbrink471 »
more information about the World's Fastest Dirt Bike at...... www.wolbrinkrace.com

Offline Xea

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2007, 10:35:40 AM »
I saw Dennis, Chris and the Lucky 7 at the Cincinnatti Motorcyle Dealer Show. They are definatly "on the road". I listened as Chris explained the controls to a tasty young lady, and once again marvel at the engineering of the entire package. They deserve the kudos.
Faster, till the thrill of Speed overcomes the fear of death.

bak189

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2007, 01:49:06 PM »
The BUB Liner is a outstanding engineering piece.........but am I to understand the fastest M/C in the world, could not pass Tech. at SCTA/BNI????????????????????????
Hey, lets blame it on INSURANCE...

Offline Xea

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2007, 05:40:25 PM »
Yes, Dennis has cable steering that SCTA/Bonneville Nationals prohibit.
Faster, till the thrill of Speed overcomes the fear of death.

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2007, 08:50:38 PM »
The BUB Liner is a outstanding engineering piece.........but am I to understand the fastest M/C in the world, could not pass Tech. at SCTA/BNI????????????????????????
Hey, lets blame it on INSURANCE...

Experience will tell you the insurability and rate for such an event is based in part on the strict application of the printed rules.
Those rules are based on experience and violation of them puts the whole event at risk.
Even if the violation does not directly apply to the incident in question , it paints a picture of irresponsibility that weakens the defence of the program in the eyes of a jury that might be deciding your fate and the future of the event.
We owe it to each other to keep the rules the best.
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

bak189

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2007, 10:01:11 PM »
Huh,????????????????.........Oh, sure Jack.................................?????????????

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2007, 11:00:41 PM »
Huh,????????????????.........Oh, sure Jack.................................?????????????
You might call any of the risk managers for any of the sanction bodies, their Insurance Carriers, Underwriters, legal councils. property owners, trade associations, or a number of expert witnesses that are willing to speak on the subject.
The insurance companies will always be above on the food chain.
A number of them even hang here.
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."

Offline wolbrink471

• Wolbrink Race
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2007, 08:08:51 AM »
Having been invoved in Supermoto racing the last two years I have learned that when there is NOT a permenant, quantifable track with proven historic information the insurance policies are often negoiated on a per event basis. everything that is negoiated becomes a 'three ring binder of the covenant' sort of thing.

Usually there is an independent third party walking around the pits with a big three ring binder under his/her arm (more recently an ipod thingy) observing.....just observing

In fact, they became a good tip off that something was lacking.....if they lingered in the isle a bit too long....look around the pit and grab the fire extinguisher out of the trailer, before a race official could follow up and correct the problem.

in the event of a 'issue' that three ring binder became THE decision matrix period....the race rules were only the beginning of it...public health, traffic control, hours of operation, security were all covered.

any doubt who is driving this bus????

mark

by the way if you really want to feed your own personal insurance rant.....ask a Candian racer what the difference is between the release statments north and south of that border....guess which one is three lines long (including the line for your signature) and which is three pages long??
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 08:10:42 AM by wolbrink471 »
more information about the World's Fastest Dirt Bike at...... www.wolbrinkrace.com

Online Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2007, 08:39:46 AM »
Unh, I'm pretty sure the fastest motorcycle in the world does pass inspection at SCTA/BNI/USFRA events.  I've seen Sam at SpeedWeek/WoS/World Finals with the EZ Hook -- even pitted right near him a year or two ago.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2007, 09:52:46 AM »
Well there are at least a couple of racers that got it and quite a few more if I am correct.
"More bikers are smarter than many would give credit for." :wink: