Author Topic: Landracing.com Fundraiser  (Read 2948 times)

landracing

Landracing.com Fundraiser
« on: January 28, 2007, 11:57:19 AM »
Members,

Well it's time for my annual donation fundraiser for the website, which is a little later then I usually call for it but here it is.

Last year, was an amazing year for Landracing.com. I was able to bring you reporting and pictures from 5 events from the salt. Including Lake Gairdner, Australia thanks to the Top 1 Oil folks and Mike Akatiff. Bonneville Speedweek, BUB International Motorcycle Event, World of Speed and the private FIA meet which concluded the year.

Also the website has undergone a ton of changes for the future. One is the new website. This is 100% web based online content management system. There are some great new features of the website, and im still learning the system. At some point when I recruit writers for the website, they will be able to log in and post their stories right onto the website, without submitting them to me first. So If you would also like to write for the website from one of the events Lake Gairdner, Maxton, El Mirage or the Texas Mile email me on that. OR if you event want to write some ramblings about LSR or the like email me. Im looking to make the content on the website changing all the time. I need some writers.

Next is the message board. I think is another great new feature the is clean install, and will be much better for the future. AND NO SPAMMERS. I have yet to have a spammer try to or post on the board.

So Landracing.com is still racing on for the future so far. And it is most folks who provide a donation that makes it happen. And keeps the wife happy, and keeps my maritial status in the "Married" column.

I would hope that this year more members would donate to the board. I get the same people year after year who send in donations. Which is great. But the people who haven't. I would hope you will find the website helpfull, and you like the information, and you find yourself lurking here, please send a small donation to the website. Even $1 or $5 makes a huge difference when everybody can do it.

Regards,
Jonathan Amo and The Landracing.com Team.

Send Donations To:
Landracing.com
17041 East Arkansas Dr
Aurora, CO 80017

You can also paypal a donation to webmaster@landracing.com

Thanks for all your support.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: Landracing.com Fundraiser
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 02:20:13 PM »
I want to thank Jonathon (and Keilani, too) for going to the next level with landracing.com by doing the early research he's doing -- out on the Salt today.  Yeah, he calls it "vacation" -- and we all know how great it is to go out on the salt at any time, for any reason -- but still, doing some background work to give us better updates from the Salt -- and to save himself some hassle in doing the site so he can devote more of his energy to racing -- is cool.

If you didn't send along a donation when Jon first started this thread -- here's my reminder to you to get off your duff and help him out.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
Re: Landracing.com Fundraiser
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 04:00:20 PM »
Also a jar will be present at the bend in the road on Sunday night, this is a must do if you can make it.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah