Author Topic: X-6 for Stayt'ie  (Read 1810 times)

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
X-6 for Stayt'ie
« on: January 28, 2007, 10:24:29 AM »
thanks sumner, this appears to be the early suzuki "hustler" as we knew them here in australia,,, the x6 that i refer to had  special fiberglass bodywork, something akin to the roadrace machines of the day, and was painted in heavy metalflake , the motor and running gear were all as per the standard hustler, me thinks :roll:,,,  your betcha those 250`s went well, i had a lot of fun on mine, racing against bonnevilles and lightnings, at almost three times my hustlers size, the only time thay could get me was into a head wind 8-)

This is the other one he just bought.  The one you are talking about had a seat somewhat like this one.  I have pictures somewhere, but can't find them.  Those were made in the early 70's and from what I remember weren't as fast as the earlier models.  They detuned the motors some so they weren't so peaky.  I liked the peaky motors since you were always shifting.  Like you said even the big bikes couldn't stay with them for 0 to 70-80 or so.  They were also called the "Hustler" over here.

This one he just bought was updated with the Kawa. front end, expansion chambers, shocks, etc..  I'd like to do this to the one I have.

I look forward to riding mine, but I have to get some other things done first,

Sum