Author Topic: "Syndicate"  (Read 2584 times)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
"Syndicate"
« on: January 28, 2007, 09:12:36 AM »
Jon, I keep meaning to ask -- so I'll finally do it.  It's a slow Sunday morning at the office. . .

On the home page, in the lower right hand corner, what's the "Syndicate" and RSS stuff?  I've heard this-n-that about RSS -- but I don't get much luck in trying to click and se what I'm supposed to do to set up something. 

Is there an instruction page somewhere that I've missed?  Is there a feature that I could be using to make my landracing.com experience even more enjoyable?

Let me know -- and I betcha others are in the dark, too.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
Re: "Syndicate"
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 09:55:50 AM »
Jon W. that's top secrete, do you have a need to know. It's probably written in Dolanspeak and you wouldn't understand it anyway. Have a good day and give Nancy a big hug for me.
Glen :roll:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

landracing

Re: "Syndicate"
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2007, 11:56:46 AM »
Basically that is for the people who run websites or have websites. You can take an "RSS" feed from my site and post the news on your site without having to do anything but insert the code. Also you can subscribe to a feed and your browser automatically updates the feed with current news. Sames as viewing website just a different format. The most usefullness of a feed is if you have a web capable cell phone, you can log on and view the feeds. Text only, no pictures and formatted to view on a small cell phone screen.

If you click on the first RSS emblem, RSS 0.91, it will bring up a basic formatted text, then in top title bar there is a "WHat is a RSS Feed" lots of good information there too.

Jon