Author Topic: maxton gas?  (Read 5533 times)

Offline nickelcityracing

• nickelcityracing.com
maxton gas?
« on: January 27, 2007, 06:21:10 PM »
does any one know what brand of gas is sold at maxton? and what octane # it is? I am running VP C16 in the fuel class, just wondering for the gas class....thanks      Jody
www.nickelcityracing.com
Trillium-Maxton 2 club---FASTEST WOMAN ON A MOTORCYCLE
Jody-220mph naked..maxton 200 club-236.6 mph top speed
2003 RCC ULTRA TURBO BUSA
THANKS SPONSORS:RCC turbos-JE Pistons-MTC-Elka-Suzuki Canada-Brock's-Northbay cycle-Dyno Jet

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: maxton gas?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 08:02:11 AM »
Yes, I'm sure that somebody knows what brand of gas is sold at Maxton -- just not me.  I think I remember it being Sunoco -- but that might hve been a year or two ago.  There were a number of "flavors" available, so you might be able to get a C16-similar fuel.  We only ran one meet -- and we used some C16 that we had with us (ran in fuel class), so I'm not sure.  I do remember some chat around the pits that they'd attempt to bring more fuel choices if enough racers requested it. 

I'm going to "suggest" this idea -- but I'm ready to have others shoot it down.  Consider bringing your own gas in a brand-new, factory-sealed container (i.e. C16, Nutec Special 4, etc) and present it to the race directyor to see if he'll approve the fuel for use in a gas class (that would be only if there is no acceptable substitute available for sale at the track).  If there is -- I'd forecast you'd be told "No" -- support the vendor that comes to the track to supply event gas.  If there is no substitute there -- and if what you've brought will pass inspection for whatever paramters required for "gas" -- then maybe it'll be okay.

Ask them first -- I'm just bringing up a few points for discussion.

About ten inches of snow greeted Nancy and me when we left the house this morning, and it's still coming down like a bandit -- I think I'll plow when I get home -- oughta be enough snow to bother with plowing by then.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline 2fast4u2c

• http://www.TigerRacingProducts.com
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2007, 05:01:03 PM »
If you're tuning for C-16, you should stick with it, because they have been using a Sunoco brand and I tried the C-16 version and the bike ran much slower due to a tuning difference.  I think that was the run I also torched my head.

Guy
300mph or Bust in 1 mile!!!

Tiger Racing

Offline bbb

• Aerodynamically Challenged
  • JorNic Motorsports
    • JorNic Motorsports, Charlottesville, Va.
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2007, 10:10:24 PM »
I think he is tuning for two different fuels so he can run F and G?

Offline nickelcityracing

• nickelcityracing.com
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2007, 08:37:42 AM »
thats right Brian. I will be running C16 in fuel class, and was wondering what was sold for the gas class.
www.nickelcityracing.com
Trillium-Maxton 2 club---FASTEST WOMAN ON A MOTORCYCLE
Jody-220mph naked..maxton 200 club-236.6 mph top speed
2003 RCC ULTRA TURBO BUSA
THANKS SPONSORS:RCC turbos-JE Pistons-MTC-Elka-Suzuki Canada-Brock's-Northbay cycle-Dyno Jet

Offline BIG PORT JIMMY 6

• New folks
    • http://www.johnsrodshop.com
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2007, 08:44:16 AM »
They were running Sunoco last year, and the year before so reason dictates Sunoco this year. They had 3 octanes 93 110 and 116 I think. I ran 110 in the truck. I hope to make March again, but the motor is in pieces. Jay
Dream like you gonna live forever
 Live like you gonna die today

Offline KeithTurk

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2007, 05:28:35 AM »
If you bring a sealed can to the Fuel people they will put it in a dry tank for you or Monitor your doing it and seal your tank for the gas class....  Just keep in mind that these folks make money selling fuel and are doing us a service by spending money to sell it.... ( yep it's a Non profit gig when it costs you 100 bucks to make 80 )...   

So if you bring sealed 5 gallon containers to them... ya might want to think about flipping them some change for the effort of not using thier fuel.

K
Keith Turk
 D Gas Modified Sports
 246.555 mph

Deezuhl

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2007, 01:43:22 AM »
If you bring a sealed can to the Fuel people they will put it in a dry tank for you or Monitor your doing it and seal your tank for the gas class....  Just keep in mind that these folks make money selling fuel and are doing us a service by spending money to sell it.... ( yep it's a Non profit gig when it costs you 100 bucks to make 80 )...   

So if you bring sealed 5 gallon containers to them... ya might want to think about flipping them some change for the effort of not using thier fuel.

K

hey keith, thats great that theyll do that for us.. i have no problem throwing some dough their way to be able to use VP c16 in the gas class.. good info. thanks!!!

Offline revolutionary

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2007, 08:39:08 AM »
First timer question.  So I take it this means we need to drain our fuel tank upon entry or tech? 
Breaking Wind #9614
  ECTA Record AA/BGALT 214.8
  SCTA Bonneville PB AA/BGALT 237.4
Breaking Wind "Spirit of Effluvium" #451
  SCTA Bonneville Record SC/BF100 48.931

Offline KeithTurk

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2007, 09:05:08 AM »
Yes your fuel tank must be empty if you want to run in the Gas Class... unless your entering in the street car class.  We assume if you drove your car there that it's going to have Gas in it... 

K
Keith Turk
 D Gas Modified Sports
 246.555 mph

Offline revolutionary

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2007, 09:08:57 AM »
Cool, thanks.
Breaking Wind #9614
  ECTA Record AA/BGALT 214.8
  SCTA Bonneville PB AA/BGALT 237.4
Breaking Wind "Spirit of Effluvium" #451