Author Topic: Fuel or Gasoline  (Read 24396 times)

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
Re: Fuel or Gasoline
« Reply #60 on: February 15, 2007, 06:22:46 AM »
Well the speed secret is out with at least NASCAR.
Preload the cheat juice in the system, use it all up, and the fuel checker will be left behind smiling.
A squirt from the line to the motor is no more valuable than a squirt on the foot if a person wants to cheat.  :wink:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline beebe

• Esquire
  • New folks
« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2007, 10:33:13 PM »
So what exactly is provided as gasoline at Bonnville? Is it regular 91 octane pump gas?? 100 octane??

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2007, 08:27:02 AM »
ERC shows up with a whole selection of flavors -- leaded, unleaded, alcohol, nitromethane.  Lots of octanes and other parameters.  You can visit www.ercracingfuels.com to see all they've got -- I don't have a list of the particular choices that Rick Gold takes to the Salt, but I assure you that he'll almost certainly have what you need.  And if you don't know what you need -- he can help you determine the answer to the question.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2007, 12:21:42 PM »
And we think his advice is spot on.  He's talked us out of spending more money for a higher octane product, and four records later we think he sure knows his products and how they work.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline beebe

• Esquire
  • New folks
« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2007, 08:04:47 PM »
I just called ERC and got the info I needed! Very helpful!

Offline beebe

• Esquire
  • New folks
« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2007, 08:12:39 PM »
He recommended 110K, which is labeled as "racing gasoline" and it is indeed legal to use in the gas class?? I forgot to ask, and don't want to bug him again! :oops:

aswracing

« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2007, 09:07:31 AM »
All of the gasolines he sells are legal in the gasoline class, including 110K. 110K is more or less the "standard" racing gas that works well in 80% of the race motors. He has others, though, more suitable for say nitrous and/or forced induction, that have higher octane, but in some cases lower heat content. I believe he also has unleaded race gas. Any of them can be run in a gas class.