Author Topic: snowmobiles  (Read 8294 times)

Offline GeneF

Re: snowmobiles
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2007, 10:36:21 PM »
I have seen setups like yours,good job.
How fast is it?How good does it handle?
The big thing  now has been four wheel drives with tracks on all four wheels .
Even Years ago they used to take the wheels off of there model Ts and this is how they dorve down the roads .They used to pull this big roll behine to pack the snow down and drive over it till spring.

Not mine, just a pic I got off the web. Just for giggles.

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2007, 12:03:03 AM »
I would definately look to the Bub meet. With 2 wheels on the front replacing the skiis and 1 driving apparatus at the rear it would be defined as a motorcycle. :evil:
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2007, 12:28:22 AM »
I've thought about it some more. I has to be a M/C. If it were a car we would be talking about a roll cage, fire systems, speed rated tires, etc. I would  definatly say it's a M/C concern and Bub would be the best place fot it. :wink:
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline Freud

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2007, 12:43:48 AM »
Jimmy 6, that is a very sly diversion. You think well in challenging situations. Besides, you may be the one that would have to tech it.

FREUD
Since '63

dwarner

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2007, 08:32:55 AM »
Even at BUB if the snowmobile causes damage to to the surface it cannot be run. BLM rule.

DW

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2007, 09:05:42 AM »
The fastest "Snow Mobiles" are like TF dragster cars and meet all those rules with respect to operator protection.
Get with them if you want to run on a prepared surface more suited to your vehicle.
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2007, 10:20:52 AM »
OK,OK, next time I'll state "My tongue is in my cheek". Sorry Glen I don't tech M/C's.....

bak189

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2007, 11:01:16 AM »
I believe.....if you put a snowmobiel
engine in a M/C frame.....and run SCTA/BNI....you run for time only........I believe the rule is M/C
engines only.....at least is was that way in 1980 when I tryed to run my mobiel powered bike for record
HOWEVER, you can run the FIM BUB meet as a M/C.......FIM don't care what kind of engine you use

dwarner

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2007, 01:45:09 PM »
Any vehicle that causes damage to the salt surface will not be able to run, this includes BuB.

DW

Offline Dean Los Angeles

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2007, 07:55:25 PM »
I disagree! Let them come with their snowmobiles! As soon as we see three feet of snow on the salt, they can have it!!!!
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

dwarner

« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2007, 08:30:51 AM »
Al Gore will tend to disagree with you Dean. He seems to think that we are a long way from 3" of snow let alone 3'.

DW

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2007, 12:51:22 PM »
Let them run if theey have rear steer. :-o
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah