Author Topic: goodyear 22-250-17  (Read 2695 times)

Offline russ jensen

goodyear 22-250-17
« on: January 07, 2007, 11:22:48 PM »
 Is anybody using goodyear 22-250-17  on front of mod roadster - lakester?? can't find load ratings on their tires on their webst - shelbys either- or summits either. .
speed is expensive-how fast do you want to go?-to soon old & to late smart.

Offline bharmon77

Re: goodyear 22-250-17
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 07:37:58 AM »
Russ,

I was hopeing that you would get an educated or experienced reply to your question, I am building a lakester and have a set of 17 x 2.125 spindle mount wheels that I was going to mount with the same 22x2.5x17 Good Year tire. I have almost talked myself into selling the wheels and changining to the more frequently used 3.5 x 22 tire/wheel combination?
I know that this reply does not help you, but I feel better! Maybe we will get a reply from someone with experience?

bharmon

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
Re: Goodyear 22-250-17
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 10:05:16 PM »
It looks like the answer around here is sorta no.
The tire you mentioned is designed for TF dragstrip loads and duration.
The natural tendency for a TF car under acceleration is to actually unload them to the point the frame flexes up.
When the power is removed the chute takes a lot of the load that would otherwise bear down on the tires.
Duration, drive, tire weight, and braking forces are also a design consideration made when the tire was built.
It is  dead ringer copy for a MC LSR tire that has been used successfully on both the front and rear in excess of 300 mph but have failed in use on a heavier LSR vehicle.
The nature of the LSR sport is a major cause for the reluctance of the tire manufactures to come forward with a suitable product.
When you mention to a tire company that you are wanting to use it for LSR, I am reminded of the kid that plugs his ears and makes noise so as to drown out your voice.

"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
Re: goodyear 22-250-17
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2007, 12:14:24 AM »
Russ,
Tracer Racing runs the Goodyear top fuel front tires on their lakester/streamliner. I think they hold either the E of F lakster record at over 220. I have attached a picture.

Rex
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.